White Lightning Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10th PASS AU PERN RPG

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sevillalost

Marks : 974

There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members)   There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 4:18 pm

Br'son waited until the two newcomers had left, and then looked over at E'zen.

"Make sure they're settled in their old weyrs, please," Br'son asked his 'second. "We'll decide nothing further today. Weyrleader, it isn't my business, but I'd take it as a kindness if you'd discuss any assignment plans you have for Z'ash with me before announcing anything. I must go and settle Yllaveth. Please don't disturb us unless an emergency arises. Thank you all," he said, and stood.

Then without a backward glance, he marched (calmly! Must not stomp and slam as he would prefer!) back up the cooridor to his own weyr. His infuriated queen awaited his attention.
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

Marks : 713

There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members)   There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 4:32 pm

It was Ashrah who, in spite what she was feeling at her son's proclamation, walked over to the table and deftly picked up the Wingleader knots. She had her own questions for the bronzerider Z'ash and they would be satisfied in due course.

The Weyrling Master turned and caught Wingleader Casriel's eyes. Her mouth pressed in a tight line.

"Try not to look so smug, Casriel." Ashrah hissed suddenly. "You might make others think you put him up to all of this." Casriel rubbed her jaw and did her best not to smirk.

"And you all thought I to be the one to undermine all yours plans. What a strange turn of events." she said coyly, turning on one heel and walking away like a cat from the cream dish.

In truth, it was not part of Casriel's plan. Not at all. Her desires were to forward herself and her loyal following of dragonriders. Z'ash wasn't one of her soldiers and his sudden bid for power nagged Casriel. Just who had advised the boy in the future, to make him move now?
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

Marks : 885

PostSubject: Re: There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members)   There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 7:34 pm

E'zen ducked out quickly, missing the interplay between Casriel and Ashrah, which was likely for the best.

Sidran though, still considering, was there, and could only just stop herself from rolling her eyes at Casriel's rejoinder. She scrubbed her hands through her hair and sat back, raising her eyebrows as she met Ashrah's eyes. "How are you feeling, Weyrlingmaster?" she asked, not measuring or leading, just a genuine ask.
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members)   There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 2:23 pm

Ashrah looked at Sidran and heaved a sigh. "Relieved that Z'ash and Teagan survived and were successful. Proud to see my son grow to be every bit his father. Curious, to see the dragons Manticath and Eniseth have produced. Determined to name a Weyrling Master's Assistant before they get here. Tired, because two weryling classes, one with three queen dragonets, is a lot for even the best, solitary Weyrling Master. Nostalgic for certain, older times. Weary, of the high running emotions." the scarlet rider confessed. She reached up to rub her sinuses with the ball of her rider thumb.

"And you, Wingleader?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members)   There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 7:12 pm

She stood with a wry smile. "Not quite all of that, but a fair measure. Glad that Pern won't go down in Thread and burrows on our watch, no matter how complicated the rest of it will be. And sounds like we'll need to get you a 'second and a third, and Brielody too, if we're going to be all hatchings and weyrlings for the next Turns. Any prospects for you?"

Sidran wasn't Weyrleader, nor even especially trying to undercut Sh'lor, but she'd spent a lot of time thinking about the riders they'd arrived with, and those who had later joined them, and if she could help...well. Why not?

As she spoke she gestured Ashrah ahead of her, silently offering to walk with the woman on to the next stop.
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members)   There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 7:57 pm

Ashrah studied her former Weyrleader for a moment and not for the first time, regretted Sh'lor's brown winning Yllaveth. Ashrah supported unification but...Sh'lor?

'Why him, when Sidran was such a good leader. If not Sidran, why not Jah'vi?' Ashrah thought. Then the thought of Jah'vi made her heart sink and she spoke up.

"Actually, Wingleader. With your training and experience with young riders, you would make an excellent Weyrling Master Second."
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members)   There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 8:08 pm

Sidran was not often taken by surprise, but Ashrah had certainly accomplished it. "Weyrlingmaster, with how seriously you take your job, I take that as a great compliment." And she did, at that. "And your offer is more tempting than I would have expected - training has a definite appeal, and it is certainly critical to the Weyr."

Her tone turned slightly regretful, and that too turned out to be genuine, "I don't want to leave my Wing at this time, not during the Pass and not when we're about to have to learn to share territory with riders and wings we can't speak to. But I will happily go through all of my notes on our wingriders to help find you the right Second and Third, and if they are in my wing, we'll expedite their transfer for the support you need. Are you thinking one of each, new and old colors?"
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members)   There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 5:25 pm

Ashrah nodded but she held Sidran's gaze. She had the upmost respect for the cobalt rider, so different than the one who had Impressed alongside her. Casriel was exactly the kind of loose cannon those ambitions could make the Weyr or break it beyond repair. It was too much of a risk to bet on the blond Wingleader being able to mend the great rift between Old and New Guard.

"Yes. I feel it is key to maintaining balance. Candidates need to be shown that Impressing a dragon is what is important. Not what color. We need every color, from the smallest Quartz or Green to the Titanium Queens." she said, rubbing her chin as she thought.

"If you have promising riders, of whatever color, send them. I will interview all thoroughly. Some riders feel like Weyrling and Candidate Master are poor compensation for Wingleader and Wingsecond. They could not be more wrong. We lay the foundations for acceptable potentials and capable, competent dragonriders. I have encouraged several riders to interview with Brielody for Candidate Master's Second and Assistant. I hope E'zen of Quartz Itzelbith wins her over. She needs to overcome whatever genetic stigma our Weyrleader has nurtured in her. "
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members)   There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 2:08 pm

((Sidran's from the same group as Ashrah/Casriel/etc., so Ashrah would mean 'the other cobalt rider who Impressed alongside them Wink ))

"I agree on all fronts. I'll send you a copy of my notes on the other wings, and the riders in my wing who might be ready and skilled enough for a post on your staff. And if there's anything I can do to help, with Brielody - I wouldn't presume to interfere with your work or staffing," Sidran smiled a little, catching herself back from acting like she was still Weyrleader, "but I have been Impressed with her dedication - she clearly has quite a bit of potential, and you were clever to see it in the face of much of her family's..." A small shrug there; it was no secret.
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members)   There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 6:12 pm

((i'm well aware. "Her" meaning Sidran, not Ashrah, in this case. I wrote what was meant Smile ))
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members)   There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 6:22 pm

"I couldn't noticed a woman with such potential and then let a little thing like family genetic bias stand in the way of a very good application of her skills." Ashrah said firmly.

"Too much of that in the Weyr as is and I don't like it. Z'fel rode a brown and had he survived to see my Impression, he would have loved both me and Hesriath regardless." and her mouth pressed down in a firm line, forcing the emotions back into their places.

"Tempers will likely settle down once Eniseth flies and Yllaveth clutches. I'm sure that has everyone on edge. Thank goodness Hesriath flew just a little while ago and runs on a slow cycle. Wingleader, forgive me my curiosity but do you plan for Gaveth to chase Eniseth?" Ashrah raised one eyebrow at Sidran. All riders of male dragons large enough to give chase to the shadow queen would likely rise after her. Ashrah saw no reason why Gaveth shouldn't be among the contenders and moderate line breeding seemed to have no negative effects that they could suss out. There was always the old knowledge that bronze sons were warned off their gold mothers but eggs that couldn't bear healthy dragons usually just did not hatch.
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members)   There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 7:55 pm

((ahhhh, got it. you made total sense, I'm a crazy person. It happens.))

Sidran nodded, fully agreeing with both of Ashrah's first points. As for the question, she shook her head. "No. All of our queens except Yllaveth are Gaveth's line, and until we know more about the plague, I want at least a few different lines." It was clear she didn't love the idea, but was committed to it. And, to be fair, Gaveth had flown golden Syrath at Eastern, and that clutch hadn't survived, so better safe than lost, with the future finally looking up.

"Besides," she added with a real smile, "I'm not quite ready to see Teagan as a full grown woman. Perhaps by the next."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members)   There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

There's a reason these tables are numbered.. (attn: council members)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2