White Lightning Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10th PASS AU PERN RPG

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Here we go again... (attn: Risa)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sevillalost

Marks : 974

Here we go again... (attn: Risa) Empty
PostSubject: Here we go again... (attn: Risa)   Here we go again... (attn: Risa) EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 9:10 am

Siona sighed in relief as they broke out into the balmy air above yet another minor Southern hold. The people of this territory were certainly prolific, and they liked to spread out. But this was the sixth hold she'd visited this morning, and after this one, she and Lolath would return home for a break.

Yllaveth's clutch of nine hardened on the sands, and Eniseth had just risen. Not to mention that the two youngest Shadow queens were approaching 6 months of age, and Aliseth would probably go up again anytime. In short, the Weyr needed candidates, and would do so for the foreseeable future. According to Queenrider Teagan, White Lightning Weyr needed to become a hatchling factory for the next few Turns. So all Search dragons had been diverted to that duty.

Lolath wasn't a Search dragon, per se, but she could tell what people wanted. Sometimes, they wanted to Impress a dragon. At least one of the people she'd chosen due to that desire had Impressed in the past, so Lolath was, also, on Search these days. Siona didn't mind as such, since it was nice to get out and about, but it did make for some long days.

There, love, Siona said, looking down at a likely landing spot. The courtyard looks plenty big. And they're helpfully coming out to see you. Do let me know if you hear anything interesting.

Don't I always? Lolath asked, amused, as she spiraled down and flared her wings to land neatly in the indicated spot.

Siona gave the gathering crowd a wave and pulled her helmet off.

"Hello!" She called. "We're Siona and Lolath of White Lightning Weyr, and we come on Search! Anyone think they want to be a dragonrider?"

With that cheeky statement and a grin to match, the quartzrider threw her leg over Lolath's neck and slid down to the courtyard. She felt her boots thump into the dirt and smiled up at the growing group of people gathered there.

Anything?

I will let you know.
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

Marks : 885

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again... (attn: Risa)   Here we go again... (attn: Risa) EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 9:37 am

The unexpected shimmer in the sky caught her attention - all holders, even well-protected ones like Rasia, were smart to keep awareness of suspicious movement in the air at all times - and her big brown eyes went wider than ever at the curious dragon that had appeared - cream and colors and sweeping translucent wings.

Lovely and landed! Her smile was as brilliant as it was immediate, and she hurried in that direction (hardly the only one! Dragons had been a vanishingly rare sight for a long time, and not all that common in their courtyards before that, and it would be silly not to pay respects) before the rider's words actually registered.

Who wouldn't want to be a dragonrider, if a dragon would have them, she wondered, especially after how awful everything had been, lately. This was good news, wasn't it, that they needed more people? It meant there were more dragons. And would be more from there! Maybe she could help. "Welcome to Tysin, dragonrider," she said brightly, realizing the rider was as lovely a woman as her dragon was a...dragon, and also that she had no idea what this sort of dragon was called.

Honestly, it just made her eyes wider in wonder.

Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again... (attn: Risa)   Here we go again... (attn: Risa) EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 10:12 am

Oh my, aren't you a wide-eyed beauty? Siona thought with some amusement. The brown-eyed girl in front of her was almost too cute to be believed, and the quartzrider couldn't quite decide if her mannerisms were affected or genuine. They were funny as stars either way.

"Thank you," she said in response. "But you can call me Siona. Or Quartzrider if you prefer to be formal. What is your name, please?"

Lolath?

She wants to know what to call me. She seems very nice.

Siona fought not to roll her eyes at the love of her heart. She could see that the girl seemed nice. But did she want to be a dragonrider?

Who wouldn't?

Not helping.
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again... (attn: Risa)   Here we go again... (attn: Risa) EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 10:31 pm

"Quartzrider," she murmured, taking in all of the newly-to-her named dragon's gorgeousness before tearing her big eyes away and back to the equally lovely rider. "Very nice to meet you, Siona, I'm Rasia. My father is holder here, and I know will be along soon to pay his respects. How..." she paused, tilting her head (precious, that) and clearly considering, "how do you and your dragon know if someone is right to take back?"
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again... (attn: Risa)   Here we go again... (attn: Risa) EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 10:26 am

The cuteness threatened to overwhelm Siona.

If we take her back, the guys are going to want to eat her up with a spoon.

Is that another of your metaphors?

Something like that.  But who knows?  She's so sweet, and with the rough crowd we keep, someone may try.

"We guess," Siona said, deadpan, hoping for the amazingly adorable reaction she was certain was coming.  

Then she laughed and relented.

"No, I'm kidding.  Sort of.  I guess, but Lolath and the dragons know.  Something about the feel of your mind, and what you truly want.  I don't truly understand it, but I think the dragons prefer it that way.  They like to seem mysterious from time to time."

You are so full of it, as you say.  She will not trust any of us!

Are you kidding?  Look at her!  She's the physical incarnation of trust itself!

She wants to come, Lolath replied then, the humor coming out of her tone.  Search was a serious business.  

Should we bring her?

Do you think someone would try to eat her with a spoon?

Siona fought not to laugh.  Lolath seemed slightly worried by the possibility.  

Probably not.  But do you think she will Impress?

How should I know?  But I think we should bring her.  If you think she will be safe from spoons and whatnot.

As a candidate, I should hope that she would be.

Me too.
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again... (attn: Risa)   Here we go again... (attn: Risa) EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 9:44 pm

Rasia's laugh in response to Siona's tease was just as bright and tinkling as one might expect, from looking at her. "Oh, you're funny," she said, delightedly. "Well! I would very much like to be of use to a dragon, if I may." She looked between rider and dragon. "Does my mind have the right feel? May I come with you?"
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again... (attn: Risa)   Here we go again... (attn: Risa) EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 9:08 am

"Of course you may," Siona said with a grin. "Lolath says she has no idea if you'll Impress or not, but that we should certainly bring you to the Weyr to see. Are you of age to decide for yourself? Or do we need to see your parents first?"

That was another joke. Obviously she was over the age of twelve. Plenty old enough to apprentice herself to a craft, and therefore old enough for Search. Once again, Siona was hoping for the reaction.
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again... (attn: Risa)   Here we go again... (attn: Risa) EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 9:14 pm

Another tinkling laugh, and Rasia wrapped her arms around herself in pure excitement. "I should certainly tell them, of course, but I am of age and happily accept. I do hope a dragon finds me suitable!" How disappointing it would be, to be so close to all that magnificence, and be found wanting. But! She would try, and hopefully it would go wonderfully.

Things so often did, after all. "My thanks to you both, for taking a chance on me!" and she dropped into quite a pretty curtsy, indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again... (attn: Risa)   Here we go again... (attn: Risa) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 8:15 am

Siona shook her head and laughed.

"You are most welcome. So go tell your parents and come back when you're ready to leave. I'll speak with the rest of the youngsters gathered around and see if there are any others as promising as you."

Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again... (attn: Risa)   Here we go again... (attn: Risa) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 9:24 am

"Oh!" And that, clearly, completely delighted the girl. Such a lovely compliment! "I'm sure you will - the people here are wonderful." Rasia curtsied again, practically glowing with joy. A dragon! It warmed her straight to her toes.
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again... (attn: Risa)   Here we go again... (attn: Risa) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 4:05 pm

Siona watched the girl bounce away and then shook her head. This was certainly going to be interesting. Like Lolath, she had no idea if the girl would Impress, but she'd certainly cause a stir with her doll-like adorability. Doubtless someone at the Weyr would adopt her... wouldn't it be hilarious if it were Dividia... Or Vid himself?

None of the others want it bad enough. We can go as soon as the cute one comes back, Lolath said.

Siona snorted a chuckle through her nose and waved to the crowd.

"We'll be leaving soon, but if any of you would like to meet Lolath, you may approach. She likes people, but please don't touch her without my permission."

They'd play to the crowd, win some hearts and minds, and then leave when the girl returned. Easy enough. Not a bad day for a Search.

((End here?))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again... (attn: Risa)   Here we go again... (attn: Risa) Empty

Back to top Go down

Here we go again... (attn: Risa)
Page 1 of 1