White Lightning Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10th PASS AU PERN RPG

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)

Go down 
+2
SylverAngel
Apollotrigger
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
weyrwolf

Marks : 885

Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 7:28 pm

H'den could tell Casriel's attention went somewhere else for a moment, but he could hardly judge, given how easily Nimath could pull his thoughts (especially now). "Hard, and then some," he said with a laugh. "Oh, there -" he gestured at the dance space, "looks like your sister and our 'second have come to an agreement?"

Leja ducked her head a bit, a slight blush adding to the drink-flush on her face. But her smile was back to its normal brilliance. "You're very welcome," she answered, feeling something beyond those quick shots warming through her.

Bast blew out his breath and sighed a little, seeing that attention swing so firmly from him. "And you, May? Dragonhealer, right? What'd'you think of the new colors?"
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

Marks : 974

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 7:36 pm

"It's all right," Br'son said to Kiry. "I do. Just follow me. And thank you for getting me out of there! I owe you one, and I always pay my debts." He spun her onto the dance floor, taking up an easy to follow rhythm before twirling her back to face him. "So," he said, turning to the one topic he was sure would make her comfortable. "Tell me about Viridath."

Cosenne laughed. "Not exactly," she said. "My classmate has... opinions... about non-traditional colors, particularly Cobalts. So we were pretty well pitted against each other from the start. I confess that I can't abide narrow-mindedness. It's a character flaw," she said, shrugging one shoulder elegantly.

"What about you, then? Any flaws?"

Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

Marks : 713

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 7:50 pm

Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 Maxres10
Time seems to hang on the moment and Asteriel caught her breath, willing it to still in her lungs and quiet her heart. Then she heard his answer and the world spun, literally, as he pulled her to her feet and twirled her. She threw her head back and laughed so warmly, people's heads turned. These were her dreams, all coming to flesh and fact, and happy tears could not help but spill down her cheeks. She knew Aliseth would fly again and that other dragons may very well fly her. E'zen may very well couple with another but....

'You are mine but free to wander. Come back to me but do as you will.' she thought, hoping the acceptance and understanding showed in her face.

"Oh love, thank you." she said.
----------
Casriel looked over to see Asteriel being pulled to her feet from her knees and realization bloomed across the Wingleader's face.

'Well played, Asteriel.' Casriel thought. Seems she could learn a thing or two about securing a queenrider from her younger sister, though Casriel was sure Asteriel was sincere. To the last ounce of blood she had, she was true.

"A proposal of sorts." Casriel grinned back at H'den.
Back to top Go down
Apollotrigger

Marks : 448

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 9:01 pm

Still flushed, Kiry let the titanium rider direct her. She relaxed soon; Br'son was a good dancer, and the steps almost came natural to someone who was used to being light on their feet for hunting.

"Veridath is... amazing," she said, face blossoming with a smile that could have lit the entire room. "She was extremely annoyed that I was hiding, as she put it." The thought made her chuckle softly. As if she had ever imagined that she would be a possible match for a dragon. It was pure luck that she had even been there that day. She'd finished her hunting trip early, which was the only reason she'd been able to attend.

"She's very bossy," she said in a quiet voice, even though the little green was fast asleep. "Are they all so... domineering?" It wasn't that she wasn't up for the challenge: on the contrary, she welcomed it. But it was still a surprise that such a tiny, delicate, newborn dragon could be so demanding and pushy.

Teagan heard Astriels' laughter, and turned her head to where she was embracing E'zen tightly. Before she could even form the question in her mind, Ensieth answered.

My sisters rider has chosen a weyrmate, the shadow told her rider, a pleased tone to her voice. The twin shadows seemed to be in sync quite often with the emotions of the others rider, something she wondered if this pair would share.

Watching the young couple celebrate so publicly, her mind began to shift to thoughts of Ensieth. A full turn old now, and still behind the other shadow, she thought, biting at her lip. Shouldn't Ensieth have risen by now?

Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a warm, comforting presence that seemed to envelope her entire body. Ensieth was there, not saying a word, just placing her into a hazy state of distraction. She realized what was happening, and managed to say aloud, "Wait, no," before a familiar blank expression passed across her face.

It was gone in a moment, and she smiled at Tr'cev and Z'phver brilliantly as if nothing had happened. "Oh, look at them," she said, nodding to the happy couple and their embrace. "They're so sweet and happy together, I'm so glad E'zen is happy now." She remembered how sour the older shadow rider had been the first several months, and how Aliseth and her anger had occasionally awoken Ensieth and her in the middle of the night.

She had told him, the Weyr was great.
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 9:46 pm

Br'son laughed. "Yllaveth certainly is," he said with a grin. "But it just makes the love that much more impressive. I'm so happy for you. And very excited to add another green to our wings! What do you think? Will Veridath be a speedster to live up to legend?"

Tr'cev grinned.

"Happy for them," he said. "Right, so you two were going to dance, and I've got to stop monopolizing the Weyr's most interesting queenrider. I'll see you later Z'phver. Lady Teagan, thank you for the dance."

And with that, he turned away, remembering his Da's advice: never stick around longer than you're wanted, and always err on the side of leaving early. That way, you leave them wanting more.

The young tungsten rider thought he'd go find some juice. Better not to have any more wine tonight, not with what he had waiting for him in the morning. As he walked over to where drinks were being served, he managed to find himself standing rather close to the blonde Wingleader and a man bearing the knots of a scarletrider.

Well. It wouldn't hurt him to introduce himself to those two at all.

"Good evening," he said rather formally. "I'm Tr'cev, Tungsten Elhuyath's rider. I wondered... might I make your acquaintance?"

Ugh. That turned out way more awkward than he'd meant. Blast it all.
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 5:14 pm

Casriel turned slowly, languid and her eyes held a note of something more than pleasant indulgence as they came to settle on the weyrling. Cool layers of green and blue regarded him and Casriel's smile was just a touch sharp as she smiled.

"For the first Tungsten rider of Pern, of course." Casriel purred. "I am Wingleader Casriel of Cobalt Maraxith."

It was at that moment that Victory lifted into the air to swoop around Tr'cev. She chattered excitedly at him before coming back to rest on Casriel's shoulder.

"This is Victory." Casriel said and the gold firelizard whistled.
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 6:00 pm

"She's beautiful," Tr'cev said, meaning it. He looked quickly up at Casriel, then shrugged slightly. Fortune favored the bold, right? Both his Da and his Papa seemed to agree on that.

"Though not quite as beautiful as you are," he continued, honestly. "I'm certain you hear compliments like that all the time, so I figured I'd embarrass myself early on and get it over with."
Back to top Go down
Apollotrigger

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 7:01 pm

'Thank you, Tr'cev," Teagan said, before shyly adding, "and please, just call me Teagan." She had enjoyed dancing and speaking to tungsten rider, and hoped they'd have more chances to interact in the future. But for now, she turned her brilliant, sunny smile to Z'phver.

"Do you mind if we sit down for a moment?" she asked, almost sheepishly. "I feel like I've forgotten how to wear slippers after a full turn in riding boots!"

Kiry chuckled again, half at amusement that all the dragons might be this needy. The other half at the hilarity of this entire situation: her, dancing with the Weyrsenior, discussing her dragon. HER dragon!

"With as quick as she already is on the ground, I think she'll be a flash of green," she said with certainty in her voice and a grin on her face. "Just you wait and see!"
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 8:07 pm

"Thank me?" he asked, that chuckle still warming his voice. "Thank me? Asteriel...thank you." It was some kind of faith, she'd shown him. A level of grace and understanding and...love, that he hadn't expected, even after Aliseth had changed everything.

H'den didn't snort, but he grinned broadly enough it was nearly a laugh. "As the less lovely of our pair, I'm H'den. Nimath keeps all the pretty for me. Fine looking dragon you have, speaking of."

Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 11:41 am

"It was an amazing Hatching, one for the record books. Three queens at a Hatching? I do not believe such a thing has happened since the time of the Ancients. Indeed, it was a special day and I'll be pleased to sing of it until Thortoth is more grey than blue from age." T'kal said, grinning. He took her hand and kissed her knuckles lightly.

"That color is lovely on you, Allie." he said, his eyes on her own. "Shall I retrieve a glass of wine for you?"
------------------
Casriel's eyebrows went up at that. So bold, this young one. It curled the corners of Casriel's mouth to think of what Ashrah might say at hearing such forward talk from one of her weyrlings.

"You have my thanks, Tr'cev. Such kind words are always welcome. How fairs your Elhuyath?"

Perhaps, just perhaps, she could make an early ally our of this, the first Tungsten rider of Pern. Certainly, by his dragon's size, Tr'cev could make a bid one day for Weyrleader. White Lightning would be Casriel's but if she had Tr'cev in addition to riders like D'kan, Cosenne, Asteriel and N'set in her retinue....she could install each as Weyrleader in places like Eastern, Fort, Benden, Telgar and Ista. She would like that and if she was Weyrleader of White Lightning when the decision to open up the old Weyrs came to pass, she would most certainly put her people in the best places of power.

"He is a fine beast, largest I have seen since Maraxith was shelled." Casriel continued.
Back to top Go down
echonymph

echonymph

Marks : 281

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 12:13 pm

"Kalabria isn't really interested in drama either. Honestly it's wasted on them." Kyabree watched where V'tayne pointed out the politics and the drama. "What on Pern's green earth is my brother doing?" It came out as almost a whisper. She didn't think Sh'lor had it in him to be at all pleasant to anyone who wasn't old guard. Apparently for Queens he made an exception. She was more than a little hurt that not only had he spoken to Kalabria but he had asked another Shadow rider to dance. Yes her brother was the biggest ass on all of Pern. She needed a few drinks and a dance and whatever else could make her forget how cruel her family could be.

*~*~*~*~*~*

As he led Melieste back to her place on the dais, he thought he had done quite well. She wanted to see him again and become better acquainted it seemed. Indeed this would be good for his future, his ambitions and in all honesty he didn't go around making tons of friends. His social life might improve.

"Whenever you wish." Sh'lor's sincerest self said as if he would never have anything more important than to please her. And while that wasn't exactly true, he probably would drop anything if she wished to see him. He wasn't a love-sick fool completely besotted by her beauty but rather, he knew that she could do a lot for him and for the old guard when it came to changing the atmosphere around them.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Z'phver grinned as the Tungsten rider went in search of more friends. "Of course. I'm not much of a dancer anyway. My talents lay elsewhere." At this he turned his grayish blue gaze her way. "Can I get you something to eat or drink?"

*~*~*~*~*~*

Watching the way Sidran and Jah'vi interacted with Br'son, she was not surprised by the abruptness of his departure with Kiry.

Kalabria was kind of unsure what to do. Her first inclination was to refuse to dance with Sidran but even as she was coming up with the words, the new Shadowrider was being offered to Jah'vi.

Charming as the Bronzerider was, she felt completely out of her depth. She did her best to act and sound as charming as he, "Thank you, Weyrsecond Jah'vi." she did her best curtsy. "I would enjoy a dance." And even if she were not, she could certainly fake her happiness at dancing for one dance.

She glanced back at Sidran for just a moment thinking the Weyrleader had wanted Jah'vi busy with someone not the Weyrsenior for as long as was possible.
Back to top Go down
Apollotrigger

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 12:44 pm

Teagan was still unused to people offering to get things for her, and giggled a bit. "How about you get drinks, and I'll hit the desserts, and we meet back here?" she said, grinning. One of the wonderful things about the Weyr was the desserts... it was a travesty that she'd gone so many Turns without such delicious treats, in her opinion.

"I'm allowed two glasses of wine tonight," she added, a grin on her face. Weyrlings usually weren't allowed to drink, but her strange status as a queenrider whose queen was mature yet hadn't risen afforded her some special treats. One of those included the occasionally glass of wine at events, and yet another thing the dragonriders had brought were delicate wines that tasted more delicious than anything the Canyon had. The drink limit had kept her from drinking to an amount she'd regret in the morning, only enough for her to feel relaxed and happy, and she did love the little indulgence.
Back to top Go down
Apollotrigger

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 1:03 pm

Jah'vi could see the tension on Kalabrias' face and did his best to give her that boyish grin of his that made him so irresistible. "I promise to be good," he said in a voice low enough for only her to hear, leading her to the dance floor.

He hoped she'd be a good dancer, as he himself loved dancing. Hopefully he could put her mind at ease. He really shouldn't have been so blatantly flirting in front of a new weyrling, especially a queenrider. Bad Jah'vi. He felt a moment of annoyance at the giant bronze mass that had injected that thought, though it was replaced by affection quickly enough.

"You'll keep telling yourself you'll get used to someone else just poking around in your mind, but I haven't yet," he said to her wryly, a grin on his face. "I hope Ohanith is nicer to you than Nolinth is to me."

Maybe if you behaved I would be nicer, a voice said, amused, to both of them. Ohanith is a queen, and as such her rider a weyrwoman. I doubt she will need such admonishment.

Now Jah'vi was truly embarrassed, as his bright red face showed. "I'm so sorry about that," he stammered, actually missing a step. He even might have looked flustered. "He doesn't understand that talking to someone else's rider is rude and he isn't supposed to do it." And a queenrider at that, he thought, who already seemed wary of him. Thanks a lot.

There wasn't another word, just amusement from Nolinths end.
Back to top Go down
echonymph

echonymph

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 1:59 pm

The new Citrine rider wasn't surprised. He was from the Canyon himself and before now he didn't think that he had much chance at Impressing something as grande as Devakith. Color had never been that important to him, considering he didn't know that dragons even came in some of these colors until today.

"I'm so glad the dragonriders brought their cooks. The desserts are amazing." Before it would be a treat just to have a chance to get somethign that sweet at a market in a major Hold but now, thye were much more readily available. Taking her hint, "I'll bring you some wine then..." He of course, would have to abstain from the wine but he could easily grab himself a juice instead.

He returned from the task without a hitch although he was certain the candidate master had watched him walk back toward Teagan with the wine. Yeah, they would be watching the Weyrlings, making sure they abided by the rules.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kalabria knew enough about Jah'vi that she wasn't sure what his definition of good was. Her siblings had a poor opinion of the Bronzerider but it was mostly geared toward his love of the mutations. And since they were both being a little less judgemental of those dragons she had a feeling their opinions might be slightly less harsh. Kalabria wasn't deaf though and having worked around dragons, she heard the rumors. She wasn't one to get carried away by charming Bronzeriders anyway.

The red haired girl responded, "I will hold you to that promise." Nice might not be the word to describe the shadow. She was more like her dam than they realized yet.

"Ohanith's will is strong. She is not going to be easy but I don't think anyone imagines being a Queenrider to be easy." Shadows were rather forceful and determined. If Aliseth was the norm, they should all get used to the idea of some very different Queens.

Dancing was something she had learned under her mother's tutelage with her siblings. As a family expected to be full of riders, they were prepared appropriately for events such as this one. Her thin frame also made it easier to deftly avoid being stepped on when Jah'vi missed his step.

"I'm a dragonhealer, dragons sometimes talk to me when they are hurting or even sometimes broadcast while they are painful. Besides, Ohanith is sleeping and I don't think she would mind Nolinth speaking to me. I certainly don't mind." She felt more comfortable with dragons than people.

"Dragons are easier than people."
Back to top Go down
Apollotrigger

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 2:16 pm

Jah'vi laughed, still looking a little embarrassed. "Of course, every queenrider I've ever met has been a force to reckoned with. And I'm glad you don't mind Nolinth too much," he added, a relieved smile on his face. "People tend to either be shocked or incredibly annoyed, and dragons.. well, some don't mind. Others... really mind."

Nolinth had spoken directly to Casriel more than once, and neither she nor her cobalt had appreciated any of those times. He was glad the bronze didn't really seem to be bothered. Not much seemed to bother Nolinth, though.

I am always telling him that, Nolinth interjected again. And thank you, he added, smug as all get out over the new shadow riders defense of him. See, other people appreciate me. You should really be more thankful.

Jah'vi couldn't help but chortle. "Now you know my deep, dark secret. My dragon is the one in charge." His eyes twinkled, and he looked younger than his 25 Turns for a moment.

"Do you think she'll take more after Aliseth or Ensieth?" he asked, genuinely curious. The first two shadows were similar, indeed, but where as Aliseth was a raging fire Ensieth was a smoldering flame. How much of that was due to their respective riders, he didn't know. But another pair of Shadows hatching together... could that possibly be a thing? Would the shadows always show up in pairs?
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 2:47 pm

Tr'cev flushed a little, and then nodded his head at H'den.

"Thank you, sir," he said. "And I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude and ignore you. I was hoping to speak to the Wingleader about being the first to ride a new color of male dragon, but that can certainly wait. I hope your Nimath is well."

Then Casriel replied, and Tr'cev found himself grinning again.

"Thank you," he said. "Elhuyath is perfect, of course. He seems convinced that everything in this world is designed specifically to give him joy, which he wants to spread to everyone around him. I think he was, perhaps, most pleased with how large he is. He seemed to think that was pretty fantastic."

Melieste smiled at Sh'lor as he backed away, and then turned to once again address E'zen and Asteriel.

Clearly, something important was happening. The two of them looked lost in one another's eyes. Melieste coughed lightly.

"In any case, congratulations," she said to the two of them. "On the clutch and... whatever you've just decided that is making you both so happy," she added with a bit of a mischevioius smile.
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 5:04 pm

"That's my cue," H'den said, inclining his head to his Wingleader with a laugh. "I'll leave you two to discuss the weighty matters." Perhaps it was spending time in Casriel's presence, but the weight of Nimath's impending flight had hit home even more, just in the last few minutes.

Combined with the heady emotions of a hatching, left him feeling a certain kind of way, and that way did not involve idle chatter with new weyrlings, all baby-faced and earnest.

E'zen had completely forgotten they were in the dancing area, in the public, surrounded by eyes and possible interest. Thankfully, as Melieste's words broke whatever spell they'd been bound in, he realized they'd stayed at the edge of the dancing, closer to the dais.

"Thank you," he said, clearing his throat and tearing his eyes off of Asteriel (though they did insist on drifting back to her). "And then you are the first to know," (not true, but he had no way of knowing that) "that Asteriel and I are weyrmated." Such a fitting way to celebrate such a successful clutch, clearly.

(Sidran, not far away on the dais, overheard and couldn't help another warm smile. She did hold back a chuckle though - young love, definitely not to be crushed.)
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 5:26 pm

Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 Amanda10

"Farewell, H'den. I will see you at morning drills." Casriel said with a nod of her head. When the scarlet rider had left, Casriel motioned Tr'cev to a pair of chairs. She eased herself down, one long leg settling over the other and leaned back looking at him.

"He is right to be so pleased.There were no bronzes in the clutch Maraxith hatched from but if there had been, I would have wagered him being larger than any bronze. It is a heady thing, being the first of your kind. You set the standard of expectations for your color, whether you like it or not. Whether you believe it or not. As some other Cobalts riders look to me for friendship and alliance, so too will other Tungsten riders look to you." Casriel said candidly. Almost lazily, she reached back behind her and pulled her hair free from it's imperial ponytail. Her mane fell around her shoulders like a shower of gold.

"In addition, you'll garner yourself the attention of queens. Which I see you already have. Teagan is young yet but by the time you are graduated...well I am sure the Leadership would be pleased to see Elhuyath add his blood to the population. Now that we know Smoke dragons can sire Shadow Queens as well as Titaniums, I am sure the Weyr will want to know what color dragonets could be created from a Tungsten or Citrine sire. Who knows, if Teagan favors you...that would put you in a good position to become Weyrleader of your own Weyr."

She laced her fingers together and leaned forward on her knees. "Don't you ever think about the future?"

Last edited by Vivid on Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 5:41 pm

Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 25138_10

Asteriel smiled and squeezed E'zen's hand. She turned to Melieste, face aglow and nodded.

"Yes, Weyrmated and all the better for it. " she said and a tear slid down her cheek. Forget J'ril, forget Casriel, forget all the political strife between the Old and New Guard. They were together, two hearts becoming one.

"Seems both our dreams came true tonight." Asteriel said to Melieste. She had her queen dragon and Asteriel had the man of her dreams.
-----------------
V'tayn watched Sh'lor across the dance floor and wanted to punch him. Not only was he cuddling up to one of the newly Impressed Shadow weyrlings, V'tayn could see how much of a slap in the face it was to Kyabree. He wouldn't ruin the evening by making a scene but he penned it down in his mind to sass the brown rider the next time he caught him alone.

"Kya? Raf? Can I get you darlings anything? Wine or food?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
echonymph

echonymph

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 8:18 pm

Kyabree responded quickly, as if her mind was made up. “Wine...lots of wine. And then I intend to dance!” She looked at them both with a half wild expression in her eyes. Too much time wasted worrying about her brother. She might as well just have some fun.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The young Shadow rider could see that Nolinth knew just how to get to Jah’vi. Well Bronzes were very intelligent and it didn’t surprise her that he was using that intelligence to irritate his rider. She had grown up with multiple siblings. She knew just how it felt to grow up being teased out of affection.

“He’s being social. More something people would expect from a Search dragon I’m sure but there is nothing wrong with his being talkative. Nolinth may speak to me whenever he wishes to. I learn a lot more about dragons by interacting with them.” She wanted to study Ohanith as much as she wanted to show her undying love for the dragon.

Well, he had to be in charge some of the time, but it seemed to amuse the Bronzerider to think the opposite so she smiled back. Thinking of her own dragon, she shrugged, “It is really difficult to say. I feel like, she’s similar but different from both of them. She’s got Aliseth’s fierce protectiveness but time will tell what her true personality is. “

Kalabria wasn’t sticking her in a box with all other Shadows. She wasn’t any different from a bronze in that her personality is not entirely dictated by the kind of dragon she was born. “I’m sure Nolinth isn’t the same as any other Bronze.” Not that there were many to compare to.
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 9:07 pm

Tr'cev felt his eyes go wide, and maybe a little wild at the information that the Wingleader threw at him. Weyrleader? His own Weyr? And of course he wanted to befriend Teagan... but that was more because... well.. she was a girl. And pretty, and a queenrider, and his Da had made a point of being on good terms with queenriders. Because his bronze had loved the queens, and Da had always thought it was to his advantage to be on good terms with their riders. But he'd not figured it was for political gain. It was more for... well. For luck in a mating flight, if he was perfectly honest.

But Casriel's words and questions opened up new possibilities in his young mind. At twelve Turns of age, he was hardly looking to lead a Weyr anytime soon. But eventually... maybe. Something to think about, anyway.

"I think about the future all the time, ma'am," he said respectfully. "But up until this evening, I always thought - hoped - my future contained a bronze dragon. My father was a bronzerider, you see. Before. I don't know what role Elhuyath and any other tungstens will play in this new Pern of ours. But I appreciate your candor. I think... if I had to guess, I'd say that Elhuyath is extremely optimistic. That if he is to lead, he will lead by inspiring joy and loyalty. He will never have the - and I mean no insult - but he'll never exhibit the sort of," Tr'cev shrugged one shoulder as he fought for the words. "...the menacing competence, I guess, that seems to characterize Maraxith and the cobalts. Elhuyath wants to be everybody's friend."

"Well, how splendid for you both!" Melieste said with a smile. "And let me congratulate you again! I suppose you're right, Smokerider," she said. "Zillath is certainly everything I could have ever wanted... and more. What a fine clutch. Your dragons must both be shining with pride."
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 8:07 pm

"Mine is going to sleep for a sevenday, feels like, but she's been fairly pleased about the clutch all along." E'zen scratched his free hand along the back of his neck, looking a bit rueful. "I'm glad to see them all out of their eggs, and know I don't have to go back to the sands for a while."

He had, of course, no way of knowing that. For all he knew, Aliseth might rise as often as she had early. But at the moment, that didn't occur to him, because all he could think of was how glad he was to be free of the hatching cavern, for the first time in too long. "But I'm sure they'll have plenty of reason to be proud, given all of you."

Nevermind that he'd have a part of training Melieste and her fellow queenriders...again: later.
Back to top Go down
SylverAngel

Marks : 303

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 6:44 pm

Lips quirked upward, K'zariel gestured with his mug in agreement with her assessment of his cousin's character.  "I can't fault you for that when it's one of my own."

As he took a bite of a meatroll and considered her question, the first thing that jumped to mind was that the dragons constantly seemed to find fault with him.  But that wasn't true anymore, was it?  Plus, there was Sidran, who'd never truly looked his way…  "Apparently I've a bad habit of reaching for what I can't have," he replied dryly.  "The baby queen sleeping in my alcove called me on it as soon as she spoke to me."  The safer topic, and one he had no problems discussing.

Especially when his guard was still lowered due to Impression with said baby queen.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Allie flushed and was caught momentarily speechless.  T'kal really hadn't paid her attention like this before, and she wasn't quite sure how to react, not when it came from him.  Not when it wasn't related to a flight, or the short relationships she tried to make work afterwards.

Oh, he was handsome enough, and she'd noticed that since they'd Impressed together, but he'd always had his eye on someone else, hadn't he?

"I, ah, thank you," she finally managed to respond, voice a little thready.  "You look nice, too.  And yes, please, wine would be great."  Maybe it would steady the fluttering of her stomach.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

R'fariel caught the scarletrider's pained expression and shook his head at Sh'lor's behavior.  He wrapped his arm around Kyabree's waist and pulled her closer to his side.  "Yep, definitely more wine," he grinned, his gaze sliding to meet V'tayn's.  "And I suppose I can put up with a dance or two just for you, Kya," he added with a roll of his eyes.

It would make her feel better, after all.  And that was all that mattered.

"Although I think V'tayn should ask Zar to dance."  His grin, this time, held a wicked glint.  "Just to embarrass him."
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 6:03 pm

"Well..." Cosenne said, drawing out the word slightly, with a bit of a playful lilt added in for good measure. "I should think that impressing a Titan queen would rapidly expand the realm of 'what you can have. Especially as she's only one of two." She lifted her own mug in a salute before drinking. "I caught a good look at her while you were feeding her earlier. She is truly lovely. You will have all the riders of male dragons coming to introduce themselves to you in short order, mark my words."
Back to top Go down
SylverAngel

Marks : 303

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 8:49 pm

You'd be surprised, Zar thought wryly, though she was partly right-- Impressing gave him one of the two things he wanted, and Klaroth's color gave him the faintest hope of the other.  Yet… he didn't want Sidran just because of-- or only because of-- a flight.

Between the direction of his thoughts, and the compliment (or warning?) of sorts, he found himself wincing faintly even as he replied, "Thanks.  She's…  I'm still trying to take it all in.  Maybe if I'm lucky they'll spot the other two queenriders before me and I can sneak away."  He wasn't entirely joking, either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)   Toasting joy and drowning sorrows  (Hatching Feast) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Toasting joy and drowning sorrows (Hatching Feast)
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next