White Lightning Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10th PASS AU PERN RPG

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Midnight Chow

Go down 
+2
Vivid
Sevillalost
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
weyrwolf

Marks : 885

Midnight Chow - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chow   Midnight Chow - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

E'zen realized belatedly that Teagan had said something a moment ago, after the man's speech and after she spoke again. He came back into his head with something of an internal start. Eniseth had said he should have fun?

He found it impossible to snap at Teagan (though he could glare at her, but it fell off her like water off a sheep), and Aliseth had never once even considered whether Eniseth was enemy or no - the very idea too foreign to even be thought. So. "Right. Food then." They hadn't been formally dismissed, but everyone had clapped, the key people had spoken, so he figured that was good enough. So with a gesture that, though slight, might have been for Teagan, Asteriel, and the others to break as well, he started moving for the food.

H'den smiled, rather slowly, and said, "Hiding from you isn't remotely of interest to me." His eyes dipped to take in the new additions to Fleur's jewelry, and then back to meet hers. "I'm interested to see what comes of it, certainly. Aren't you?" He was answering her question about the weyrling group, sure, but also...

The slow grin was enough to say that it wasn't just about the weyrlings at all. "Join me for a drink?"
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

Marks : 974

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chow   Midnight Chow - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 9:30 pm

M'dian grinned at his brother and fell in behind E'zen and headed for the tables of food. Sweet rolls, breakfast meats, fruit... M'dian was a young man who hadn't yet reached his full growth, and he ate like he didn't know where his next meal might originate. For most of his life, that had been relatively true. He realized rather abruptly that it would never be the case again. And that thought made him laugh once more.

"E'zen," he said, "Weyrjunior E'zen. Congrats, bud. You'll be one of the power players of the Weyr, sounds like. You and Tiny Teags, here. What d'you plan to do with all your newfound fame?" He said this as he piled some of the ovine belly on his plate... and added some to E'zen's, too, for good measure. Belly made everything better.

Finally, Br'son took his seat, exhaling with relief. "I still think Weyrjunior sounds ridiculous," he said to Sidran with a smile. "But for the life of me I couldn't think of anything better. Let me know if you have any ideas, will you?"

Siona turned to Allie with a grin, and lifted her purloined wineskin to fill the glass that sat infront of the scarletrider. "I did see!" she said with some enthusiasm. "And a like number of quartzes, plus the new colors. So fascinating! Did you win any of the betting?"

Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chow   Midnight Chow - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 10:44 pm

"Eat," E'zen replied, shrugging. "I don't know what power there is to be taking otherwise." The other young man was putting food no his plate, and the food smelled really good, so there was really nothing to snap about. "All the bacon, maybe?" It was, nearly, a joke.

"Weyrseconds?" Sidran mused, sitting a bit closer to him than strictly necessary. "I'm sure we can come up with something." She watched as the class started to move, then looked back at him. "Maybe one of your juniors will have ideas."
Back to top Go down
Apollotrigger

Marks : 448

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chow   Midnight Chow - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 10:57 pm

Teagan stayed on E'zen's heels to the table, and squished herself between him and M'dian. Not that she took up much room. She wished there had been a moment to talk to E'zen, to ask him if he'd known about this weyrjunior thing, Instead she grinned and speared herself a piece of meat and a big, juicy redfruit. "I'm gonna be the best dragonrider I can be," she said earnestly, feeling a surge of pride. Avidian would be very pleased, she thought, more pleased than he'd been when she had first showed off her acrobatic skills.

"You'll do us all proud, Teagan," Breklynn said, joining the group with a shy smile. Most of these people knew her as a wastrel, a nothing, a drain. Now she would have to prove that she could pull her own weight, that she was worthy of the honor of Impressing Nicaeth. "And I'm sure you will as well, E'ven. Just promise to keep an eye on our tiny Teagan, okay?"

Teagan began to insist she didn't need an eye kept on her, and L'lain grinned from further down the table. He was glad to not be in the middle of the loudest group. E'zen, who had always been sullen and quiet and thus an easy person for him to be around, was surrounded by the louder of the new weyrlings. He spared a moment of pity for he new shadow rider, another moment to be grateful it wasn't him, and then raised his glass.

"A toast to us, the first weyrling class of White Lightening," he said.

Fleur gave a teasing wink and linked her arm through H'ben's, a feline like smile on her face. "I thought you'd never ask, silly man," she said with a chuckle. Her head was already rushing from the excitement of the hatching, and H'ben kept proving to be a good pick. She was... eager for the rest of the night to unfold. The thought made her blush, but the smile never faded, nor the twinkle in her eye.
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chow   Midnight Chow - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 11:10 pm

Thankfully E'zen didn't have to answer either Teagan or Breklynn, because there was a toast to be made. He lifted his glass and smiled - it was brief, but it was there. Despite everything, these particular people around him were all right, and Aliseth...

Aliseth. It was almost more work not to smile, now that he didn't have to look at any of the full riders anymore.

Vianne echoed the toast heartily, and drank something rather sharper than she was expecting. She managed not to splutter, but it was a near thing.

Abry, meanwhile, drank, grinned, and took in the group around her for a moment before turning to look around the room. Should she go and talk to people, or wait til they came to her? (There were two or three people in particular she was thinking of, but, details.)

"Oh, no," he said, keeping his eyes on hers for a long moment. "I am many things, Fleur, but silly is not one of them."

Drinks were easily procured - made sense, here - and he handed her a glass, tilting his toward hers for a toast. "To beginnings."
Back to top Go down
SylverAngel

Marks : 303

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chow   Midnight Chow - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 11:13 pm

"No," Allie pouted as she watched the wine flow into the glass.  "I didn't guess anything right.  You?"  When Siona was done pouring, she added a quick, "Thanks," and pulled the glass closer to take a sip.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"To us!" Jemma agreed, raising her glass to clink it against L'lain's.

"Hear, hear," Revel seconded, raising her own glass and grinning around the table at each of her new… classmates.  "To us, and our dragons, and hoping they'll sleep in longer than we've been told they will."  Because she doubted any of them were going to be in top form come morning, even with a distinct lack of alcohol-- too much had happened, and it was too late in the evening already, for them to get a decent night's rest.
Back to top Go down
Apollotrigger

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chow   Midnight Chow - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 8:34 am

Breklynn chuckled and took another sip of her juice: she hadn't drank since that morning with Sidrain. And now, with Nicaeth's sleeping mind in the background, she didn't feel the need at all. "Just think, in a few months we'll all be in the air."

Antonia was a tad bit late joining the others; she had made certain to help Noaja settle down with his new foster mother. He'd been very excited about his mother's Impression, and it had taken several promises that he could see Tevannith as soon as was possible.

"What have I missed?" she asked, taking an empty spot at the table and availing herself of some wine.

Teagan looked around, noticing everyone was drinking wine and such except for her, and gave M'dian a pointed look. Certainly Impressing a queen gave her permission for her first sip of alcohol, right?
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

Marks : 713

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chow   Midnight Chow - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 10:47 am

Asteriel splashed a modest drop of wine in her cup and then filled the just with a generous amount of red fruit juice. She sipped lightly and smiled at the riders that passed, giving their congratulations as they did so.

Casriel spotted Asteriel through the crowd and gave a polite nod to Dividia.

"I must congratulate my youngest sibling. I will find you anon and continue our conversation." Casriel said and nodded dutifully. Then she parted in a trail of red skirts, a bold and confidant walk across the floor.

"Aster." Casriel said warmly, a smile rising to her red lips. The younger girl swung around and broke out in a wide grin.

"Oh Casriel! Oh, it finally happened. I waited to long but you always encouraged me. Now I have a dragon, a brave and clever fighting male of a color the world has never seen before!" Asteriel said and reached out to hug her fierce sister in a sudden flood of emotion. Casriel chuckled softly and hugged her sister in return, stroking her blond hair as she had when they were but children in Eastern Weyr's creche.

"Congratulations, my dear. He is a fine fighting male and of a size that if you choose you could very well find yourself with a pair of these." and Casriel touched the Wingleader's knots upon her shoulder.

"Oh Casriel, do you think so? I had not even thought of it." Asteriel said.

"Well, you both have a lot of time and training before then. What have you learned about your smoke dragon? I must confess I am fascinated that you Impressed a brand new color, not unlike myself at the time of my Impression. Seems to me that woman of our line are meant to forge into brave new worlds." Casriel cocked an eyebrow at her sister.

"Well, he is a clever one, very perspective and I think there is a great sense of humor there. I haven't asked Revel about her smoke or whether he is different. Emanoth, well, he is a marvel." Asteriel said.

"Good. Enjoy yourself, darling. Training will be hard but you are a good girl with a willingness to learn. You will do well." Casriel said. She smiled again at the younger girl who blushed at the vote of confidence. Casriel nodded and moved off. She walked right to were Vianne was standing and inclined her head.

"I saw your quartz. Congratulations Vianne. Is it wonderful?" Casriel asked, a smile tucked in the corner of her mouth.
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chow   Midnight Chow - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 5:32 pm

M'dian raised his own juice in reply to the toast. "To us!" he said, his face splitting in the ear-to-ear grin that seemed to be his normal expression since the Hatching. He took a drink, lowered it, and then laughed. "Not all of the bacon," he said softly to E'zen, and stole a piece back. He bit into it, happy to have gotten one of the crispier pieces. M'dian couldn't understand people who liked their ovine belly floppy. That was just gross. Then he caught Teagan looking at him meaningfully.

"What?" he asked her, eyes bright and more than a bit wild, mouth full of delicious, salty, crispy bacon.

"Weyrseconds does sound better," Br'son said. "I was just afraid that would be confused, as I know some Weyrs use that term for their Weyrleader's 'second..." he shrugged, then shook his head. "I'm overthinking it. I like Weyrseconds much better than Weyrjuniors. I think we'll go with that." He took a sip of the wine that had somehow appeared in front of him, and then sighed.

"I just really can't wait to leave," he said under his breath, and for Sidran's ears alone.

"Didn't win a thing," Siona replied cheerfully. "But those two new colors threw the betting off, didn't they? I'm curious to see how the bookies are treating that one. Do you know any of them? The new weyrlings, I mean."

Avidian entered the Dining Hall quietly, looking around the room to see who was where before he stepped out into the glowlight.
Back to top Go down
Apollotrigger

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chow   Midnight Chow - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 6:02 pm

Teagan gave M'dian's wine glass a meaningful look, and then raised puppy dog eyes in silent pleading.

Let him try to resist that.
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chow   Midnight Chow - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 6:41 pm

Vianne turned her head to meet Casriel's eyes, that slow sardonic smile of hers well in place. "It is very much so, Wingleader." Her voice dipped a bit on the title. Not enough to be ironic, just near to a low drawl. She'd made her peace with the cobaltrider's trickery, and had only ever felt wary about her new circumstances. "I will find a way to thank you, someday, I am sure."

Sidran gave an eloquent shrug - who gave a flaming wher's egg what other Weyrs called people, when those worthies couldn't care less about White Lightning? - moving on to answer the next comment, which was so much more interesting.

"Really? But Weyrsenior, there is so much to be said for enjoying every bit of an evening." Her hand dropped from the table to his upper thigh. Perfectly innocent, but very much on the edge of not.

Abry sat up a little straighter when Avidian came into the room, but turned her head toward Antonia instead. "The Weyrlingmaster announced us and the Weyrsenior welcomed us. And now we're eating." A quick smile. "All caught up now."

E'zen snorted, but didn't try to grab the bacon back. He stared around the big cavern for a moment, then resolutely back at the table. He'd rather these ones than those, at least.
Back to top Go down
Apollotrigger

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chow   Midnight Chow - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 7:57 pm

Antonia gave a relieved sigh and loaded up her dish. "I know we just ate a few hours ago but I'm famished." She even managed to snag a piece of the crispy bacon that E'zen was so possessive of.

Breklynn had been laughing at E'zen and M'dian, but her laughter stopped when she saw Avidian enter. The leader of the canyon dwellers, he instilled just a bit of dread in her. For far too many Turns she had been nothing but a dead weight to the canyon folk. Usually things didn't end well for those who were useless and had no value.

She felt Nicaeth stirring, his slumber disturbed by her sudden fear, and she immediately reached for him. Odd how something so new felt so natural. Sleep my love. It's nothing to worry over, she told him soothingly, her smile returning as she felt the cobalt slip back into deep sleep.

And she had no need to be afraid of Avidian now. She had Impressed, a cobalt dragon at that. So she squared her shoulders and prepared herself for what may come.

Fleur took the glass and happily toasted the new riders. Her eyes sparkled as she finished the drink quicker than him. Like most of the people who had already been here, she had a legendary tolerance.

"This food looks delicious," she said, eyes drifting to him. "I'm still mostly full but who can resist?"
Back to top Go down
SylverAngel

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chow   Midnight Chow - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 9:21 am

R'fariel had taken a quick moment to congratulate the Weyrleaders, though he didn't linger long.  He wanted to find his brothers, make sure they were doing all right after not Impressing.

Not that they weren't used to being left Standing-- especially Kezariel.  His oldest brother didn't have too long left before he'd be too old to Stand, and then he wasn't sure what he'd do.  Tyvaniel, at least, had his smithing to fall back on, and keep him occupied in the meantime.  But Zar was still completely unsure of his place at the new Weyr and had been counting on Impressing to cement his role. And now…

Raf really hoped his brother wasn't going to spend the rest of the evening worrying-- tomorrow was soon enough for that, wasn't it?  Of course, the cobaltrider would likely have to remind Zar of that when he saw him, but that would just be par for the course.

Keeping an eye out as he headed for the refreshment tables, he spotted Kyabree, and he thought maybe V'tayn somewhere past her.  So he snagged a couple glasses of wine and headed her way-- belatedly realizing she already had one.  "Hey, you started without me," he pouted, holding the extra glass he'd grabbed up so she could see he'd so thoughtfully brought her one.
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chow   Midnight Chow - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 9:24 am

"Maybe so," V'atyn interjected, grinning like a cat with the canary. He gave R'fariel a bold, appreciative look and sipped his wine.

"But likely one of us will finish with you." and the scarlet rider gave a wink that suggested more than a trifle. He settled back in his chair, satisfied that his interest was well and clear.
Back to top Go down
echonymph

echonymph

Marks : 281

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chow   Midnight Chow - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 9:43 am

Kyabree was smiling too. And why shouldn't she when an attractive cobalt rider brought her wine? She thought, eying the man as he came nearer. Of course, she nearly lost her composure trying not to giggle at V'tayn's comment. Kyabree reached for the glass of wine R'fariel brought her with her free hand.

"I can handle two." And let them think on that a moment, she thought finishing the rest of the red wine in her right hand, so that she could set it down on the table. That left her arm free to give R'fariel a quick side hug.

"Glad you could join us. Isn't it all so exciting!" She added, then sipped on her second glass. "Nwynth is wondering most about the new Smoke dragons. But the Shadow Queens seem really interesting."

Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chow   Midnight Chow - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 9:23 pm

"No reason to resist," H'den answered, finishing his drink and knowing for a fact he couldn't match her glass for glass - nor should he. "Everything looks amazing and who has time for regrets?"

It was not that kind of evening.

Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chow   Midnight Chow - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 9:45 pm

"You continued friendship will be all the thanks I need. A Wingleader needs good and skillful Wingriders to help her battle Thread. Come graduation, I would be thankful in turn to have you on my Wing." Casriel said. She would need all the young blood she could recruit and encouraging the Weyrlings now seemed to be a good idea. Casriel stepped in closer and inclined her head. Her words came butter soft and just as rich.

"Counting a popular Wingleader among your friends has its benefits, benefits that only increase when that Wingleader is promoted to a higher standing. Should I become Weyrleader someday, I will not forget the friends who gave me their love and support along the way." she purred.
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chow   Midnight Chow - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 8:26 pm

M'dian gave another laugh at Teagan's obvious attempt at weaseling something out of him. He caught her meaningful glance at his glass and pushed it toward her. "Go on," he said. "It's mostly juice. No good stuff for any of us until our dragons are older, remember? You've had harder sitting around the firepits back in the old days, I'm sure."
Back to top Go down
SylverAngel

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chow   Midnight Chow - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 9:31 pm

Used to the flirting, R'fariel stuck his bottom lip out further, as if he were still perturbed that the two scarletriders had begun their partying without him.  He didn't say anything, though, until Kyabree wrapped her arm around him.  

"One might be more than enough for you to handle," he told her, throwing his own arm around her shoulders so she wouldn't draw away.  His lips curled upward in a smirk, his gaze narrowed at V'tayn in challenge-- one he figured wouldn't go unanswered, one way or another.

"Vorganth was particularly interested in the Shadows.  He wants to meet them up close-- I told him to wait until they're at least a couple of days old.  I'm half worried he'll start a fight with them by trying to prove he's more dominant and aggressive."  The last was said with a chuckle, though there was the faintest note of truth to his words.  Vorganth could be a particularly volatile cobalt, and the newest dragons seemed even more so.

R'fariel hoped he could convince his dragon to leave them alone for even longer, to make sure their riders could keep them under control.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"That's true.  Nobody could have guessed any of the eggs held colors we didn't know about."  It did make Allie feel a little bit better for having not won anything herself.

"Not really, no.  I mean, we all know of the ones from Eastern who were Standing, but I haven't really gotten to know any of the ones from here that well.  I've just seen them in passing, mostly.  Have you met any of them?"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Revel had to chuckle at Breklynn's mention of flying.  "That's such a crazy thought, isn't it?  It hasn't sunk in yet.  We just Impressed a couple of hours ago-- up until then, we couldn't even imagine being in the air in a few months."

A couple of seats over, Jemma shook her head, clearly not wanting to think that far ahead.  But Abry beat her to updating Antonia on where things stood.  "Oh, good!  Cousin Vid's here!" she happily announced, unfazed by the same negative feelings he inspired in some of the others.  "I was hoping he wasn't going to have to work right through the party.  That would have been sad."
Back to top Go down
Apollotrigger

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chow   Midnight Chow - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 10:36 pm

Teagan grinned and took the glass carefully. "Thank you," she said, a little giddy. There was a difference between sneaking a bit of a drink, and drinking openly where others (adults included) could see. M'dian was right, the taste of juice drowned out all taste of the wine to her. She had her drink, then glanced at M'dian.

He'd turned his attention away, and she took another drink while he wasn't looking. She didn't empty the glass, but she definitely tasted the wine that time. After pulling a face, she sat his glass back near him and reached for her own, non alcoholic juice.

Antonia had seen Teagan's little drink and hid her smile behind her own glass. It wouldn't do to embarrass her, plus she had gone back to her own drink. Jemma's comment made her sit up and look. She had only heard of Avidian... she was interested in meeting the man who inspired such awe, fear, and respect.

Fleur smiled demurely. "No regrets tonight?" she said playfully.
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chow   Midnight Chow - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 4:22 pm

'Oh ho ho! You think that you're wonderful.' V'atyn thought in playful antagonism. How he adored R'fariel and how the cobalt rider could get under one's skin, driving them to distraction with any amount of lust, love or fury.

"Kya is hardly one to be underestimated." V'atyn said, his voice going velvet soft.

"She is a powerful one. Her scarlet is proof of that."

And that goes double for you, doesn't it my love?

To be sure. Father might not have thought so but I am as masculine or feminine as I want to be and as need dictates. V'tayn replied softly.
Back to top Go down
echonymph

echonymph

Marks : 281

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chow   Midnight Chow - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 7:43 pm

Nwynth might be as moody as her rider but she certainly wouldn't get in the way of the Cobalt meeting the new Queens. She had every intention of meeting all the new males herself. Even the brown. "I don't think there is any way to stop them. Nwynth is determined to make friends with all of them. I think she is going to be particularly interested in being nice to the brown. Since he might feel out of place." And Kyabree was a sucker for those who might not fit in.

"Indeed, Raf, you should know better than to underestimate any Scarlet rider." She was pretty sure that V'tayn would be just as much a challenge as she was. The conversation was made more interesting by the closeness the three of them shared. Kyabree could feel the flirtatious tension between the men and almost laughed at their silliness. R'fariel did know better than to challenge Scarletriders on their ability to make love...or war...whichever they were in the mood for. So she could only assume he meant to rile them up a bit.

Eyes looking up at R'fariel teasingly through her thick eyelashes, "Well, I think that would depend on the one. Although I think I've yet to meet my match." Kyabree did like provoking the competitive side in him. Finishing what was in her glass, she set it down on the tables.

With everything going on, she knew there were things she was going to miss. Only she often didn't realize what she would be missing until the time came for it to happen. "At Eastern there would be music next and then dancing." She sighed. Kyabree figured she wouldn't be the only one to miss the dancing.
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chow   Midnight Chow - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 8:20 pm

M'drist did was he did best when he was feeling both hungry and distracted. He ate. He hadn't realized how hungry he was until he was walking down the line of the feast table. So he piled his plate, first with ovine belly that was crispy and glistening with fat. Then boiled tuber that had been mashed and poured over with gravy. There were baked redfruits, sweet and tart. Golden rolls of bread covered in grated klah and another spice he could not quiet name but that was delicious. Everything made his mouth water and he tucked in without another word.

'One good thing about being a dragon rider.' he thought as he drank down an icy cold glass of juice.

'The food and drink is better than anything I have ever had."

He stuck a fork through one of the red fruits and its pink juice flowed. He took slow, appreciative bites and savored the taste. To have a lot of fresh, good food was slowly relaxing him. He reached for a bun and tore it in half, running through the grease on his plate.

'M'dian looks like he is having a good time.' he noted as he chewed. He was glad of that, glad his brother had Impressed. By the stone, he was glad for that.
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chow   Midnight Chow - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 8:47 pm

"I do prefer not to be forgotten," Vianne answered, inclining her head most gracefully and looking up at Casriel. The demure nature of the gesture and her voice was belied by the tilt of her smile, and (always) the knowing look in her eyes. "I am sure I will not forget you, Wingleader, no matter how demanding the training to come."

"Never have been one for regrets," H'den said, with that slow smile. "And tonight - well, they don't have much of a place here, do they?"
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chow   Midnight Chow - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 7:56 am

Casriel smiled with genuine pleasure and against nodded respectfully.

"I am sure you will triumph in your classes. You have a fine dragon by your side, Vianne. As fine a Quartz as I ever did see and Maraxith sired seven quartz in his time. Yes, a fine Quartz to be sure. Now, I must bid you ado and speak with another of your fellows. I will check in from time to time, to see how you are doing."

Casriel smiled again and then excused herself. She returned to fill her wine glass again and then changed direction, walking over to Abry.

"Congratulations, Weyrling Abry. How does it feel to be on the other side?" she asked, her tone friendly. As far as Casriel was concerned, she had had a major hand in encouraging Abry to Stand. Now all three of the young woman she had encouraged had dragons. It was a tremendous amount of accomplishment for the Wingleader.
-----------

Midnight Chow - Page 2 Lthyr111

L'thyr entered the hall, finally, and made his way to a table full of his classmates. Already R'fariel, Kyabree and V'tayn were drinking and eating.

"Hey guys." L'thyr said waving. He always felt a little out of place with his fellows. He was one of the youngest riders in their class, just recently sixteen turns old. He wasn't handsome like R'fariel, nor was he tall and bold like V'atyn. Girls as pretty as Kyabree hardly seemed to notice him or so he felt.

"What a hatching. I can hardly believe we have new colored dragons!" he said, forging ahead. No matter how small he felt, he felt the need to make conversation.

Ha! New colored dragons! I want to see what the new Cobalt is like.
Osgilath called.

I think you discount the smoke dragons too quickly and the brown as well. What of the new queens?

I will do honor to any female who rises and chase her, queens especially so. The shadows are beautiful and likely to be capable, strong flyers. I look forward to seeing them in the air. I am bigger than the brown will ever be. The smokes....well we will see. They ought to be bigger than the brown but not as big as we cobalts. We shall see.
Osgilath crowed. L'thyr smiled and shook his head, chuckling.

"Is Vorganth already sizing up the competition? Osgilath has wasted no time." he said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Chow   Midnight Chow - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Midnight Chow
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next