White Lightning Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10th PASS AU PERN RPG

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It sure as hell isn't normal but we deal (Attn: Br'son/Sh'lor/Z'ash)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Apollotrigger

Marks : 448

It sure as hell isn't normal but we deal (Attn: Br'son/Sh'lor/Z'ash) Empty
PostSubject: It sure as hell isn't normal but we deal (Attn: Br'son/Sh'lor/Z'ash)   It sure as hell isn't normal but we deal (Attn: Br'son/Sh'lor/Z'ash) EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 10:05 pm

Fort has arrived, Ensieth informed her rider, practically thrumming with excitement. Teagan visibly relaxed, letting her hand fall from Ensieths' neck with a sigh.

Finally, something was going according to plan.

She'd dressed that morning in her favorite leathers, dyed to match Ensieths black hide. She knew she cut quite the figure in it, especially when combined with Ensieth and her vaugely ominous presence. It was an outfit to impress and show power.

Br'son had actually suggested she wear it today. Or, one day he would, she thought with another sigh. "Call Manticath, have his rider meet me at the Weyrseniors office." She patted the queen on her neck and then trotted to the steps that led up to Br'sons office.

The arrival of the long thought lost Eastern weyrling class had prevented there from being time to discuss things further after the disaster two days prior, so she steeled herself at the entrance.

"Weyrsenior?" Of course Ensieth had informed Yvalleth immediately that the first Weyr had arrived, so he was likely expecting her. But this wasn't the man whose office she had once breezed in and out of. This was a man who didn't trust her.
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

Marks : 974

PostSubject: Re: It sure as hell isn't normal but we deal (Attn: Br'son/Sh'lor/Z'ash)   It sure as hell isn't normal but we deal (Attn: Br'son/Sh'lor/Z'ash) EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 10:10 pm

"Teagan," Br'son said with a smile. A guarded smile, but a smile nonetheless. He turned from the table where he was assembling his breakfast and beckoned to his junior. "Come in. I just heard. Exciting news. Of course, there's a lot of that going around these days, I suppose. Care for klah?"

He lifted the pitcher that he held in one hand. Maybe it was a peace offering of sorts. Klah wouldn't fix everything, but it couldn't hurt. And maybe... maybe after the other weyrs were settled, they'd be able to have a talk.
Back to top Go down
Apollotrigger

PostSubject: Re: It sure as hell isn't normal but we deal (Attn: Br'son/Sh'lor/Z'ash)   It sure as hell isn't normal but we deal (Attn: Br'son/Sh'lor/Z'ash) EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 5:49 pm

Teagan returned the smile, guarded as well, but her demeanour was different than it had been. There was a spark of excitement in her eyes. Finally, things were on track, and she knew what to do. The leaders of the other Weyrs knew and trusted her, and like her had been trained in this undertaking for five Turns by the same man.

"Klah would be wonderful," she said gratefully. "Thank you, sir. The arrivals should be staggered, so we have close to half a candlemark before Telgar is in position. But Fort was perfectly on time."

Which meant that things were proceeding as... planned? As they had already gone? Sometimes the time changes made her head hurt. Prism gave a pleasant chirp in her ear, completely hidden from sight by her hair. The little firelizard was calmer than Ensieth, and she pushed her hair to one side to stroke her thin amethyst neck with an absentminded smile. It had been only a few days, but she was looking forward to seeing her friends. Especially after the disaster of a council meeting and Z'ashs sudden power grab.
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: It sure as hell isn't normal but we deal (Attn: Br'son/Sh'lor/Z'ash)   It sure as hell isn't normal but we deal (Attn: Br'son/Sh'lor/Z'ash) EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 3:12 pm

Br'son poured her a mug, then one for himself, and a third for Z'ash whenever he showed up.

"Excellent," Br'son said. "And so you will go to Fort and then straight to Telgar? Or home in between?"

He turned and handed her a mug, then too his own klah and a plate of sweet rolls to the table set nearest his hearth. He gestured to a seat at the table, then took the other one for himself.
Back to top Go down
Apollotrigger

PostSubject: Re: It sure as hell isn't normal but we deal (Attn: Br'son/Sh'lor/Z'ash)   It sure as hell isn't normal but we deal (Attn: Br'son/Sh'lor/Z'ash) EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 9:33 pm

She took the cup gratefully, taking a big sip before she sat down, legs folded underneath her. At least no matter what timeline he was from, Br'son had delicious klah, she thought with a smile.

"Fort, then onto Telgar. Then Igen, High Reaches, Benden, Ista, Southern, Eastern, and finally home," she said, looking tired just saying it aloud. "I'll be sending Prism to you after we speak to the Leaders of each Weyr, before we move on to the next, so you'll be able to get the information you need. And Ensieth will be listening for Yvalleth."

She paused, not sure what to say next. She was still unsure how to behave around Br'son. This Br'son, at least. She was used to him knowing it all; he'd always had the answers. But now she could tell there wasn't the trust that he had placed in her ten Turns from then. How was she supposed to win that trust back?

"I apologize for the... incident the night we arrived," she said quietly, not looking up at him. She could pretend it was her Br'son if she didn't look at him, perhaps. "There was never any mention of Eastern before. Z'ash... ," she trailed off, having to stop when she heard Ensieth growl in reaction to her anger at the bronzerider.

Too close to rising for her to get angry, she told herself, thinking soothing and loving thoughts to her shadow. Ensieth settled down, the anger easily replaced by excitement. She was going to see her friends again, after all.

"Z'ash has concerns that weren't addressed before," she finished after she felt Ensieth was distracted enough. "He didn't mention them to me until that night, that there would be too many Queens and a fight would break out."

She had never thought of the possibility herself. She'd trusted that Br'son and Yvalleth would keep order in the Weyr. Finally, she met his gaze cautiously, her green eyes concerned. "But you would have warned me if that happened," she said, her voice quiet and almost beseeching him to tell her that no, not even in the future would he send her back to only see her dragon die during a mating flight.
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: It sure as hell isn't normal but we deal (Attn: Br'son/Sh'lor/Z'ash)   It sure as hell isn't normal but we deal (Attn: Br'son/Sh'lor/Z'ash) EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 9:44 pm

I cannot imagine that I wouldn't have," Br'son said, horror crossing his face. "But I suppose I understand his concern, even if it is misplaced. Weyrs have had far more than 6 queens at once in the past. And we know well how to mitigate for flights. Plus..." he fell silent, then, not wanting to voice his suspicions about the unique nature of Shadow dragons until he had more information.

Because if he was right, and the Shadows didn't react to other queens rising... wouldn't she know about it by now?

Something to ask, perhaps. Another time.

"Yllaveth, is Z'ash on his way?" Br'son asked out loud instead. "I suppose you two had better get going, in case there is something that needs fixing with the other Weyrs. Please... convey my greetings, and my deep, deep thanks."

Manticath, my rider wishes to know if yours is ready to accompany Eniseth's on her trip to settle the other Weyrs in. Yllaveth asked, her tone as careful as the conversation in her rider's weyr.
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: It sure as hell isn't normal but we deal (Attn: Br'son/Sh'lor/Z'ash)   It sure as hell isn't normal but we deal (Attn: Br'son/Sh'lor/Z'ash) EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 7:57 pm

As they sipped their klah, Br'son became gradually aware of a feeling of urgency.  His hands started to tremble, and he could feel his pulse accelerate.  

Yllaveth? he asked, feeling the queen come awake with her own sense of urgency.  

Not just yet.  Very soon.  Perhaps you could speed things up in there, though? the queen asked, as she rather leisurely stretched.  Her languid movements were at odds with the building need inside her, but Br'son didn't question.

Of course!  Let me tell Teagan to just go, and I'll be right down there...

No, do not tell her, Yllaveth said quickly, Eniseth has much to do today, and we do not want to distract her from her main tasks.  Besides, I want it to be a surprise.

Br'son covered a sigh by taking another sip of his klah and suppressing his instinct to smile at his queen.  She loved to be the center of attention.

"Perhaps," he said softly, amazed his voice sounded normal as he lowered his klah mug.  "Perhaps you should just go?  Have Z'ash meet you there?  With such a tight timeline, it wouldn't do to be late."
Back to top Go down
Apollotrigger

PostSubject: Re: It sure as hell isn't normal but we deal (Attn: Br'son/Sh'lor/Z'ash)   It sure as hell isn't normal but we deal (Attn: Br'son/Sh'lor/Z'ash) EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 8:46 pm

Teagan glanced out at the sun, a little frown on her face. "If we want to keep the time table, you're right," she said, standing and setting her cup of klah down.

"I'll have Ensieth and Prism keep you updated," she said with a smile and a salute, before she took her leave to join the shadow excitedly waiting for her.
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: It sure as hell isn't normal but we deal (Attn: Br'son/Sh'lor/Z'ash)   It sure as hell isn't normal but we deal (Attn: Br'son/Sh'lor/Z'ash) EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 8:54 pm

Br'son walked out onto Yllaveth's ledge and watched Teagan and Eniseth launch and then disappear.

All right. Let us go. Yllaveth said, leaving no room for discussion. With that, the gravid queen propelled herself off of her own ledge and winged her way down to the Hatching Grounds.

Br'son sighed and took the stairs. About halfway down he realized he'd forgotten his klah.

Burn it.
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

Marks : 713

PostSubject: Re: It sure as hell isn't normal but we deal (Attn: Br'son/Sh'lor/Z'ash)   It sure as hell isn't normal but we deal (Attn: Br'son/Sh'lor/Z'ash) EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 3:33 pm

((OOC: Of the posts requiring my attention, this was not listed as one of them.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It sure as hell isn't normal but we deal (Attn: Br'son/Sh'lor/Z'ash)   It sure as hell isn't normal but we deal (Attn: Br'son/Sh'lor/Z'ash) Empty

Back to top Go down

It sure as hell isn't normal but we deal (Attn: Br'son/Sh'lor/Z'ash)
Page 1 of 1