White Lightning Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10th PASS AU PERN RPG

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Making it work ((attn Sh'lor))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sevillalost

Marks : 974

Making it work ((attn Sh'lor)) Empty
PostSubject: Making it work ((attn Sh'lor))   Making it work ((attn Sh'lor)) EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 10:24 pm

Br'son emerged from the private bathing room that was the newest addition to his quarters. Avidian had apparently gotten wind of the fact that queens' weyrs traditionally boasted their own bathing facilities, and had done whatever he did to get the appropriate work done. Br'son vaguely thought that there was a disgraced Smith involved in some way or another. He hadn't asked too many questions, because the luxury was one that, frankly, he'd missed.

And it had proved useful this morning, when he'd awakened tangled in Sh'lor's arms and needed some privacy wherein to clear his head and organize his thoughts. So he'd slipped out of bed, retreated to the steam and hot water, and emerged a while later, dressed and mostly composed.

Sh'lor appeared to still be sleeping, so Br'son gathered up the brownrider's clothing and set them on the bed, then sat down in a nearby chair.

"Good morning, Weyrleader," he said then, nudging the mattress with his toe for good measure. "Time to wake up and face the Harper."
Back to top Go down
echonymph

echonymph

Marks : 281

PostSubject: Re: Making it work ((attn Sh'lor))   Making it work ((attn Sh'lor)) EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 8:56 pm

After Fall and a Flight, he had slept soundly. A little too soundly for his own comfort. Sh'lor took his time in opening his eyes, ignoring the world for as long as he could get away with it. Unfortunately this wasn't for very long at all. He heard Br'son's voice and immediately everything that had happened before came rushing through his mind. He sat up more quickly than he meant to, looking to see that the Weyrsenior was sitting in a chair looking at him. What had happened indeed...

Weyrleader. The title was one he hadn't expected to hear in the near future and definitely not the present. There were few people who would like his holding that title.

"Morning." He took his moment to get his own thoughts organized, "A Harper might be preferable to the Weyr right about now." A sardonic smile played across his features as he reached to take his shirt and pull it over his head.

The brownrider could count on one hand the number of people that would be happy to see him in this position and none of them were his competitors. This was definitely not going to be easy. He was standing beside the bed now, putting his pants on. It didn't take him long to be fully clothed which he preferred. Not that he had anything to hide but he felt more like discussing business "What do we do first?"
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: Making it work ((attn Sh'lor))   Making it work ((attn Sh'lor)) EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 9:30 pm

Br'son watched the other man dress, then gave him a slightly bemused smile at his question.

"Breakfast?" He asked, indicating the rope that would ring a bell down in the kitchens. Yet another feature of his constantly improving Weyr. Which, come to think of it, he didn't exactly remember returning to this weyr last night... but whatever. He'd awakened here, that was the important thing.

And Yllaveth, his lovely Yllaveth still slumbered outside. Exhausted and replete and apparently content with her choice. Fair enough.

"After that," the Weyrsenior went on in answer to the question. "I don't really know. Last time, Sidran and I... well. But... I hope this isn't offensive, but I find that my personal tastes run exclusively to women, unless the dragons are involved. So that's not as much of an option here." Although, Br'son did have to admit that his Weyrleader's shirtless physique had been nothing to sneeze at. Heterosexual he may be, but even Br'son could appreciate a strong body.

"So, that being said, perhaps we should discuss a few things before we emerge. Like, for example, what sort of united front we intend to present?"
Back to top Go down
echonymph

echonymph

Marks : 281

PostSubject: Re: Making it work ((attn Sh'lor))   Making it work ((attn Sh'lor)) EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 10:43 pm

Well there was nothing wrong with a little food, was there? His stomach was in full agreement. Food would be very much welcome. “Breakfast.” He didn't have the fancy pull down for food in his own weyr but he might find one useful.

Ah, he thought, looking back at Br’son with nothing less than understanding. Sh’lor never thought of the Weyrsenior as one to seek male company when he could have female which was probably for the best considering his own preferences. “Not offensive at all.” He’d been raised a dragonrider. He knew that men often did things under flight lust that were not at all what they normally would otherwise.

“I prefer women myself. Though Imioth never has given much credence to my preferences so I’ve been in some very awkward situations in the past.” Try telling an overly amorous male rider that they weren’t your type after a flight, as if nothing had already transpired. He hadn’t really ever stayed long after a Flight regardless. Women and men both tended to get the wrong idea if one lingered.

Their united front was going to be a bit problematic. Not that he was opposed. He had promised he would do what he could to make them come together. Sh’lor fully intended to honor his promise.

“Alright.” He said, feeling a bit new at all of this. Could he be a leader? He’d never doubted it before but then he never really envisioned being Weyrleader. “I was thinking, maybe we could find a way to help both sides deal with the pain caused by one another. If we can work through that then perhaps more people would want to be one whole Weyr and not a Weyr divided. ” There were certainly enough bruised egos right now.
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: Making it work ((attn Sh'lor))   Making it work ((attn Sh'lor)) EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 10:09 pm

Br'son nodded and tugged on the indicated rope twice in quick succession. That would tell the kitchen staff that he was awake and would appreciate food. He tugged twice more to tell them to send enough food for two... not that it was probably necessary. Everyone would know what had happened yesterday.

Everyone always did, after a leadership flight.

"All right," he said considering this idea. "I think you're on the right track. What, exactly, did you have in mind? I know there's a lot of bad feeling between several of the groups, and it hasn't resolved itself like I'd hoped. I'm open to whatever suggestions you might have."
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: Making it work ((attn Sh'lor))   Making it work ((attn Sh'lor)) EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 10:10 pm

Br'son nodded and tugged on the indicated rope twice in quick succession. That would tell the kitchen staff that he was awake and would appreciate food. He tugged twice more to tell them to send enough food for two... not that it was probably necessary. Everyone would know what had happened yesterday.

Everyone always did, after a leadership flight.

"All right," he said considering this idea. "I think you're on the right track. What, exactly, did you have in mind? I know there's a lot of bad feeling between several of the groups, and it hasn't resolved itself like I'd hoped. I'm open to whatever suggestions you might have."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making it work ((attn Sh'lor))   Making it work ((attn Sh'lor)) Empty

Back to top Go down

Making it work ((attn Sh'lor))
Page 1 of 1