White Lightning Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10th PASS AU PERN RPG

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Baking Bread (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
echonymph

echonymph

Marks : 281

Baking Bread (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Baking Bread (Open)   Baking Bread (Open) EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 10:23 pm

Zaliphver being a dragon candidate, he was treated much the same as the rest. His dweller days were not forgotten and in fact he rather missed them. He missed his brother and father eventhough he could see them anytime he wanted. Well almost. Now that Rhaenthwor was preoccupied with Rhaensk, he didn't have much free time.

The early morning wake up had him wiping crust from his eyes as he stumbled to get up and dressed. Once he had done so, he made his way to the kitchens for his first chore of the day. Baking wasn't really his forte but he was helpful lugging the large bags of grain up to the kitchen for the better bakers. He hefted one of them up from storage on his way up. Setting it down where instructed he went to work stoking the fires.

"Good morning." He said cheerily to the cooks as they came in. Whoever else was on chores this early was bound to be wishing they were in bed. He suppressed the strong desire to yawn as he took the doughy mound onto his flat wooden paddle and set the bread in the stone oven.

"Hope this means we get first dibs on fresh bread."
Back to top Go down
SylverAngel

Marks : 303

PostSubject: Re: Baking Bread (Open)   Baking Bread (Open) EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 9:52 pm

Kezariel gave the other Candidate a rather wry look.  "Does it usually?"  Of course, he supposed Zaliphver might know better than him whether it was the case or not-- he'd been a canyon-dweller far longer than Zar had, even if he hadn't been a Candidate for nearly as long.  The younger man would likely know the cooks here better than himself, based on that alone.  

Of course, it wasn't like Kezariel had ever done anything to try to gain access to freshly baked bread outside of watching for the baskets to come out of the kitchens when he was at a table in the Mess Hall-- that had been his brother's domain, Raf always attempting to charm sweets out of the cooks.  R'fariel had been pretty successful at it when he was younger, too, and likely still was.

"I could use some breakfast, though."

Brilliant conversationalist, Kezariel was.
Back to top Go down
echonymph

echonymph

Marks : 281

PostSubject: Re: Baking Bread (Open)   Baking Bread (Open) EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 8:55 pm

He frowned, “No, not always…. Though it would be nice. I suppose if it were my break right after the bread was done I could but they don’t really condone eating in the kitchens while cooking.” Or baking in this instance. For one it would create more of a mess and for another if he was eating he wouldn’t be working. They also seemed to consider it unsanitary along with being a good way to keep him in check.

The smell of the baking bread had his stomach rumbling. “Apparently my stomach is in agreement with you.” He was always on the verge of hunger it seemed, as he aged into a teenager his appetite seemed to have doubled maybe even tripled but it wasn’t affecting his figure at all.

“Hmmm, who can we sweet talk into giving us a quick snack break?” He looked around watching the people there. Someone was bound to be a softie and take pity on the rumbling of his stomach right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baking Bread (Open)   Baking Bread (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Baking Bread (Open)
Page 1 of 1