White Lightning Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10th PASS AU PERN RPG

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Inaugural Weyr Council

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sevillalost

Marks : 974

The Inaugural Weyr Council Empty
PostSubject: The Inaugural Weyr Council   The Inaugural Weyr Council EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 7:50 pm

Br'son took a deep breath and looked around the table. One more time, he counted the chairs, glasses, mugs. Then he looked up to see his 'second standing nearby. Br'son gave the other man a measuring look, and then smiled widely.

"Congratulations, Weyrsenior Second," he said. "How are you feeling? How's Aliseth?" As he spoke, Br'son took pains to seem relaxed and welcoming, but the truth was that this meeting caused him more nerves than the larger council meeting to come. E'zan had been so difficult! And Br'son had had to be rather rough with him during the onset of Aliseth's flight. The Weyrsenior was just so tired of the contention. Flights affected each queenrider differently. Br'son devoutly hoped that this flight had helped E'zan get rid of some of that infernal chip he insisted on carrying around on his muscled shoulder.
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

Marks : 885

PostSubject: Re: The Inaugural Weyr Council   The Inaugural Weyr Council EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 7:56 pm

"Aliseth is..." E'zen looked up from his regard of the table. Of course, he wasn't seeing the table, but blonde hair, big blue eyes, the smoothest of skin, the curve of - "Aliseth. Content, or what passes for it." Despite himself, a smile tugged at the corner of his lips.

Br'son hadn't yelled, or said anything harsh at all, and E'zen allowed himself to stay in the happiness of post-flight, post time with Asteriel, away from the demands of any and all. It was...relaxing. Easing. It even allowed him to say, if softly, "Thank you." For asking. For helping. For not ruining. Any and all.
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: The Inaugural Weyr Council   The Inaugural Weyr Council EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 8:39 pm

Br'son fought not to raise his eyebrows in surprise. Well. So far, so good.

"Good," he said. "A discontented queen is difficult to bear. For everyone. I am interested to see what type of clutch results from the smoke/shadow pairing, though I do rather wish that they weren't so closely related. Full siblings, you know. We will have to watch the bloodlines to ensure enough outcrossing."

The Weyrsenior glanced at the table, then back up at his new 'second. "Want a drink?" he asked. It wasn't, strictly speaking, allowed for weyrlings to have alcohol. But tradition said that a queen past her first flight wasn't a weyrling anymore, though she would finish whatever training was needed. Br'son intended to insist on E'zen's full title, now that Aliseth had risen and cemented his place as Weyrsenior Second. Ashrah might disapprove, but Br'son was willing to risk it. He needed an olive branch.
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: The Inaugural Weyr Council   The Inaugural Weyr Council EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 8:48 pm

E'zen nodded, surprised and not practiced enough to hide it. "She chose not Emanoth or Sanovith, first. But then - it became real, I guess." He hadn't really talked about it, keeping himself otherwise occupied with certain smokeriders, and not having much in the way of confidants, and suddenly wanted to talk about it. "Is it because she's young, new to this? They usually rise so much later, queens, maybe it'll be different, who she lets chase her?"

He had likely never said so many words, at once, without yelling or cursing, to Br'son. It would have felt alien if he could separate himself from the remaining warmth of the flight. And, truth be told, if he couldn't still remember Br'son helping, even while he tried to choke the life out of the other man.
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: The Inaugural Weyr Council   The Inaugural Weyr Council EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 9:48 pm

"It's normal for them to feel their superiority at first. They like to revel in their power... at least Yllaveth did, and I'm told Olenath and the others did something similar," Br'son said as he moved to pour them both a glass of red wine. He ignored the twinge of grief as he thought of Olenath and the lost queens and handed one of the glasses over.

"Treat it with respect," he murmured, "It's nearly the last of the good stuff," he added with a sigh. Then he took a moment to inhale the bouquet and roll a sip of the vintage into his mouth. Spicy, fruity notes exploded over his tongue, and he couldn't help but close his eyes in bliss for a moment. Br'son found that he didn't mind much about having his own Weyr, but he did miss good wine.

"That all being said," Br'son continued then, opening his eyes and forcing a return to reality, "I did want to speak with you about the flight. I need you to understand the ramifications of Aliseth's choice to bar the traditionally colored males from chasing her."
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: The Inaugural Weyr Council   The Inaugural Weyr Council EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 10:24 pm

E'zen stiffened, noticeably, and drank a carelessly large sip of the wine. It was good, to be sure, but he barely tasted it. "I won't make her take them." It wasn't quite as defensive at it might have been before - matter of fact. Determined. He knew how hard the fight had been to make her blood - to overcome that pure rejection...no. He wasn't sure at all that would work.
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: The Inaugural Weyr Council   The Inaugural Weyr Council EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 10:46 pm

Br'son raised his eyebrows, and then shook his head. "Nor should you," he said flatly. "A queen has the right to choose her mates. I think you misunderstand me. I will support you, and her, because I believe that with every fiber of my being. I would never force Yllaveth to allow the attentions of a male if she did not want them. And if Aliseth never allows anyone other than a cobalt or a smoke to catch her, then so be it. But you E'zen need to understand how to deal with the consequences of her choice."

He took his own sip of wine, and then eased himself into his designated chair at the head of the conference table. He gestured with the wineglass for E'zen to take his place at Br'son's right hand. "First, you should know that it's rather unprecedented for a queen not to want all of the males, everywhere, to follow her. That's why we leave when one of us goes up. Our queens dislike each other's greed, and they get nasty. So, knowing that, what are your thoughts about Aliseth's surprising choice?"

Br'son couldn't help it. He'd been teaching E'zen for the last six months, it was habit to fall back into teaching mode. To cover for his accidental pedantry, Br'son took the wineskin and poured another, smaller, measure into E'zen's glass.
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: The Inaugural Weyr Council   The Inaugural Weyr Council EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 9:29 am

Once upon a time, E'zen had been considered a rather reflective, thoughtful young man. All that time outside with only small animals for company does that to a person.

He hadn't spent a lot of time at the Weyr being either of those things, which he'd realized once in conversation with Asteriel, then buried, and which now popped up in response to Br'son's question.

"Those riders won't be happy," It was a thought, but mostly a cover as his mind worked. He wasn't stupid, though he may certainly have come across as such at times. "And there's already tension there, I know. Aliseth knows - she's furious at all of them for things that happened before she was even an egg."

As he spoke, he thought about Aliseth's reaction to Eniseth leaving, about what could be true if she wasn't competing for all the males. "If she's not greedy, maybe the queens don't have to be separated." A slight question there, but in this moment that he wasn't circling endlessly in his own resentment and anger, there were genuinely interesting thoughts to be...well, thought.
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: The Inaugural Weyr Council   The Inaugural Weyr Council EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 5:48 pm

Br'son nodded. "Exactly. And that's something worth thinking about. We hustled Eniseth out of here yesterday because we didn't know better, and the only thing worse than a weyrling queen rising is a weyrling queen rising while her rider is a mere child. Now you've experienced it, you know what I mean. That type of intensity bordering on violence would damage a young girl, even one as tough as Teagan. Especially if it's her first experience with sex. So we got them out of here, but it's possible that we didn't need to do that, and that is a theory worth exploring.

He took a sip of his wine, letting E'zan process those thoughts, and then went on. "Unfortunately, you're right about the rest of it, too. I've already said that I'll back you and Aliseth, but they aren't going to be happy. And it is going to widen a divide that shouldn't exist in the first place. Aliseth may be furious with them, as you said, but you must find a way to reconcile with them, or you will be ineffective as Weyrsenior Second."

A pause, and then the question that burned in Br'son's mind. "What did you mean by that, by the way? When you said that Aliseth was furious for things that happened before she was an egg. How on Pern could that be possible?"
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: The Inaugural Weyr Council   The Inaugural Weyr Council EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 11:28 pm

E'zen looked bewildered. "Dragons listen, and she knows -" he paused, considered. "Whenever I've asked why she's angry, it's always about them. Chasing us from a home, betraying us. She's very protective of all the dragons who were here when she hatched, especially our - her clutchmates. Isn't that normal? As much as anything to do with this is normal." He hadn't considered it, not really. Aliseth and Eniseth were angry, they had been furious when the Eastern riders arrived. So was everyone, it seemed. Normal.
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: The Inaugural Weyr Council   The Inaugural Weyr Council EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 6:20 pm

"Dragons are not known for their abstract thought, queens excepted. That might explain it, but even Yllaveth has memory issues. For her to remember something from before she Hatched... it seems impossible. However, dragons are incredibly sensitive to the emotions of those around them. Queens even more so. Perhaps that explains it. I wonder if what she's feeling is not rage at a memory, but rather rage reflected?"

Br'son took another drink, his expression thoughtful, and then shook his head slightly and refocused on his second. "Well, we must move on. The rest of the weyr council will be here soon, and so you must decide how to deal with those who are displeased with you. And, as you love your dragon, please don't delude yourself into thinking that brute force is the answer. Yesterday should have showed you that, if nothing else."
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: The Inaugural Weyr Council   The Inaugural Weyr Council EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 7:20 pm

E'zen didn't think Aliseth remembered, not truly, but there were clearly more pressing things to talk about. Instead he grunted - not sullenly, clearly (Br'son, of all people, would likely know the difference in the shadowriders vast language of grunts by now), and considered. "I'll stay quiet," he said, saying it aloud in part to commit to it - a decision that would be much easier, without having to worry that Aliseth would launch herself across the canyon onto someone else's dragon. For now.

Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: The Inaugural Weyr Council   The Inaugural Weyr Council EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 8:43 pm

Br'son shook his head. "No, I wouldn't advise that, either. Perhaps at first, but don't be afraid to address your detractors directly. You're at a critical moment right now. Though you're still technically in training, you're the Weyrsenior Second, and you must announce your presence with authority. There's an ancient phrase... I don't even know where it originated, but Firene taught it to me: "Walk softly and carry a big stick." That's what I'd advise here. Be calm, be polite, be professional, but don't be afraid to state your stance on things unequivocally. All I ask is that if you disagree with something I've said, you tell me through the dragons, and we'll discuss it privately. Queenriders need to present a united front. Keep that in mind going forward, please. In private, you may throw as many boots at me as you like. In public, please back me 100%, and I'll do the same with you."

Please, please let this work, Br'son thought as he looked at the difficult young man. Something had changed, certainly, behind E'zen's eyes. He could only hope that it would lead to a better understanding between them.
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: The Inaugural Weyr Council   The Inaugural Weyr Council EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 8:55 pm

A small bark of a laugh, more a noise of surprise than true laughter, but a step in that direction. "I'll...do my best." He straightened his shoulders. Softly, definitely not his strength, and Aliseth was his big stick, but. "No boots during the council." A wan attempt at humor, still - an attempt all the same.
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: The Inaugural Weyr Council   The Inaugural Weyr Council EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 10:02 pm

Br'son would take it.  He smiled back.  "Agreed.  Well, then, if you're ready, I'll have Yllaveth call them in," he said.  

My rider calls for a full Weyr council.  Gaveth, Maraxith, Nolinth, Hesriath, Aurayath, Thortoth, Aliseth, Eniseth, your riders are required in the council room, please,  Yllaveth called out.  Divisk, your person and the Stillmaster are needed as well, please.  As are yours, Aldisk, Kanesk, Rhaensk, and Tahlansk.  My rider apologizes for the uncivilized hour, she added then.  

"Bloody shells, I forgot," Br'son muttered.  Then, by way of explanation, he looked up at E'zen with a grimace.  "This is a full council, so I invited the Wherleader, Wherlingmaster, Queen and Bronze handlers as well.  But I forgot about their schedule.  They're nocturnal.  I hope we've enough klah for them all."
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: The Inaugural Weyr Council   The Inaugural Weyr Council EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 10:09 pm

Wherleader took him a moment, but nocturnal helped him put it together. "I'll. Uh. Check?" He stood up and walked over to where the drinks were, but he hadn't the faintest idea what to do if there weren't enough. A fair trade for trying to choke the other man the day before, right? Being helpful. Something.

Aliseth grumbled something and went back to sleep, which truly was best for all of them.
Sidran was the first to arrive, because, to be fair, she'd had a heads up the meeting was happening. So she was properly Weyrleaderish - hair tightly braided, leathers in place, notes and copies of same in her satchel. "Weyrsenior, Weyrsenior Second," she said, meeting each of their eyes and not letting on that she had no idea why E'zen was standing over the klah - surely he wasn't going to serve anyone.

She also pretended not to notice when he stepped back from the table, allowing him a moment to smooth his awkwardness.

Divisk woke, roared, fell back asleep, woke again, and broke whatever was closest to him. Dividia would be there in plenty of time, but she certainly wouldn't be among the first.
Back to top Go down
echonymph

echonymph

Marks : 281

PostSubject: Re: The Inaugural Weyr Council   The Inaugural Weyr Council EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 10:50 pm

The Gold Wher cocked her head to the side at the sound of the Titanium's voice. What was going on here? Wasting no time, Council Meeting. She shifted her weight impatiently.

"What council meeting?" The large man asked in reply.

Yllaveth asks. You go. Rhaensk practically nipped him to get him to move. Did these dragonriders have any idea what time it was? Rhaenthwor grumbled internally but said nary a word about it. Complaining wasn't going to change anything.

He sighed as he pulled the boots back onto his feet. He'd managed to leave his weapons with his Gold, save for his boot knife. The Wher adjusted herself to go to sleep in their alcove.

"Sleep well."

With half a yawn in her voice, See soon.
"Hopefully." The way meetings of this magnitude went, he kind of doubted he would be back anytime soon.

He covered ground quickly being a tall man, but he wasn't rushing. Rhaenthwor kind of hoped the other Wher Handlers would arrive with him. Didn't want the riders to think the Wher handlers were theirs to push around. Not that he had anything really against them but his loyalties were first to Rhaensk, then to himself and thirdly to Avidian. Dragonriders did not factor into that much at all.

Stifling a yawn of his own, he shook his head. This meeting would be long indeed.
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

Marks : 713

PostSubject: Re: The Inaugural Weyr Council   The Inaugural Weyr Council EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 2:51 pm

Yllaveth calls us to council. Maraxith told Casriel, who had just settled Victory down on her pillow. The queen's mating flight had been a success and now Casriel was making sure all her needs were met for a good pregnancy. She had fed the queen choice meats, both rich and lean. Had bathed her in warm water and polished her to gleaming. Fully pampered, Victory had no complaints at all. Casriel had even seen what must have been her lover, a chocolate colored brown firelizard, from time to time. Casriel turned and snatched her riding jacket off the back of her chair. Her slim fingers picked her Wingleader's knots off her desk and with a flick of her wrist, she pinned them to her shoulder. She gathered her hair and placed it in her hallmark high ponytail. She still had cool water in her basin; she lightly washed her face and dried it quickly. With one last pat on the head for Victory, Casriel went out to Maraxith to take her down.

"Let's go!" Casriel called.
------------

Ashrah. Yllaveth calls the leaders to council. Go and I will keep an eye on the weyrlings. If you go now, you may be able to catch up with Aurayath's. Hesriath crooned to her rider. Ashrah had been in the midst of a refresher lesson about dragonrider diplomacy; seeing the aftermath of Aliseth's maiden flight it seemed prudent.

"Weyrlings, Hesriath will mind you. Discuss the exercises with one another. No one leaves the barracks until I get back." Ashrah told them sternly. Then she left, heading for the council chamber.
--------------------
Yes, Queen Yllaveth. T'kal comes with all haste! Thortoth told Yllaveth with a bright voice. T'kal was already half way there when Thoroth told him what was going on. The Weyrsinger's face broke out in a smile. Finally! Something that would get both Old and New Guard in the room, to discuss matters and hopefully get on the same page. He quickened his pace.
------------
Tahlana groaned as she struggled to sit up, rubbing her eyes. Tahlansk was nosing her in the ribs, a great deal harder than was absolutely needful.

Big queen calls. Biggest queen calls. Wants you for special talk. Tahlasnk said bluntly. Then, as Tahlana swung her legs over the bed, the gold wher went to the threshold of their alcove and planted herself squarely in Tahlana's path. When Tahlana attempted to go around, Tahlasnk would move to block her. When she attempted to step over the gold wher, Tahlansk seized a handful of Tahlana's skirt in her jaws. The delicate fabric sheared away as the gold wher yanked.

"Tahlansk!" Tahlana exclaimed. "What are you about?"

You must stay. No go to big queen. I am queen to you. I am your queen. You must stay with Tahlansk.

Tahlana sighed. She was going to be late, she knew it.

Back to top Go down
echonymph

echonymph

PostSubject: Re: The Inaugural Weyr Council   The Inaugural Weyr Council EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 8:52 pm

The request made by the Titanium was not lost on Aurayath. There were few greenriders left in comparison to before and her rider was being called into a meeting with such distinguished company, it was hard for her not to gush over her. Brielody might not have been expecting to be called to the meeting but as always she was prepared for almost anything.

Everything about her looked professional from her leathers to her hair. She wasn't going to end up in a room full of people who clearly outranked her and not look up to snuff.

Tell me everything when you get back. I need to know all of it!

"You know I will." She couldn't quite hide that little part of her that was proud from her green. After all, she might think she wasn't in competition with anyone but she was, especially from riders of the new guard.

Her face though belied none of that. She seemed to be quite serious as she began her walk to the Council Room.
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: The Inaugural Weyr Council   The Inaugural Weyr Council EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 6:15 am

"Well done, Candidate Master."

Ashrah nodded approvingly at Brielody's dress; she looked sharp and quite the role. Ashrah herself had her hair pinned in a bun on the back of her neck, her jacket buttoned and walked with determination. She was pleased to have caught Brielody in transit.

"How fair your young charges?" Ashrah asked, pleased she could talk shop with someone.
Back to top Go down
echonymph

echonymph

PostSubject: Re: The Inaugural Weyr Council   The Inaugural Weyr Council EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 7:03 pm

Not used to being praised, she floundered at a quick response. "Oh, umm, thank you, Weyrling Master." Setting her mindset back to that of one of determination to do well, she nodded.

"I'm still evaluating them. Some of them seem more dedicated than others but that won't mean much to a dragonet. We should go over them in a meeting of our own before the next Hatching, now that Aliseth has risen."

Which would bring them to Ashrah's realm. "How are the Weyrlings faring? Has to be difficult to train the smokes and shadows when we aren't really certain what to expect from them."
Back to top Go down
Sevillalost

PostSubject: Re: The Inaugural Weyr Council   The Inaugural Weyr Council EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 10:15 pm

((OOC: I'm going to start the meeting. Feel free to have your character slip in, late, or assume that they're already there. Whichever makes most sense.))

As the first councillors started to arrive, Br'son put his welcoming, professional smile firmly in place and welcomed them as they arrived, inviting them to help themselves to wine, juice, or klah, and take their seats.

When most of the players were assembled, Br'son came to his feet as a signal for attention. The pre-meeting chatter died down, and he spread his smile around the room one more time before beginning.

"Welcome, all of you," he said. "As you may have noticed, we have a rather full house this morning. I thought that it was about time that we had a full Weyr council. The Weyrleader and I are quite pleased with how well things have been progressing, and we have several announcements along those lines."

He looked over and gestured for E'zen to stand as well.

"To that end, I would like to formally introduce Weyrsenior Second E'zen, whose Aliseth confirmed his position in rather dramatic fashion yesterday. While Weyrsenior Second E'zen is still in training, tradition has always been that a queenrider is confirmed in their post once their queen has her maiden flight. So, E'zen becomes my 'Second. Weyrlingmaster, I will get with you after this meeting to discuss his training plan and duties. We will make certain that we strike an appropriate balance, especially since we don't know how broody Aliseth will tend to become once there are eggs to consider." He smiled and nodded at E'zen, indicating that the other man was free to sit.

"Next, I believe the Weyrleader has some announcements of her own, and then I will return to the floor after that. Weyrleader?" Br'son asked, taking his seat and looking to Sidran at his left.

Avidian had gotten Dividia's message and arrived just before the Weyrsenior began. He'd taken a seat near the foot of the table and chosen klah to sip upon. He'd watch, and listen, and see how things stood.
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: The Inaugural Weyr Council   The Inaugural Weyr Council EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 8:14 am

Dividia did not look like she'd just woken up, but if anyone was used to abrupt wake-ups that had to translate into immediate action, it was here. Though it wasn't usually through Divisk, so having the brown raging in the back of her head was...distracting. Mostly because she knew he was still breaking things rather than going back to sleep. It would make for an eventful day, and night to follow.

Still, she was impressed to see E'zen meet everyone's eyes calmly, not a smirk or scowl to be seen - well, if not impressed, she noted it with a fairly positive reaction. About as close as she got, most days.

Sidran stood with a nod for the queenriders, pulling out copies in her neat hand to pass around. "Confirmed winglists, and it will be no surprise to you all to hear that Casriel, Jah'vi, and Ashrah are confirmed in their positions. Queenriders will be attached to Ashrah and the Weyrling Wing for the foreseeable future, to maximize their time and the need for low-level Thread fighting." She gave them a moment to look over, but not enough time for someone to interrupt.

"It is my pleasure to confirm my Weyrsecond, as well. As the most experienced bronzerider, Jah'vi would be a clear choice, but I also recognize the work he did with Firene at Eastern, holding together the healthy dragons as best as possible in the face of mounting plague, and delivering them safely here in a more than difficult situation." She met several pairs of eyes at that, knowing her words were pure understatement. Betrayed and exiled though they'd been, she could hardly have wished what happened on anyone. "It would be foolish not to also note that, despite the common tragedies that have put us all together again, that there aren't widening tensions between old and new color riders. Jah'vi utterly deserves this position - and I intend to use our partnership to prove to certain outspoken riders on both sides of the needless division that we can - and have to - work together."

There was a part of Sidran, well tucked away and completely unseen, that wanted to take the assorted old color riders that fought and grind their noses in the fact they should be grateful, both for the titanium and cobalt genes that had clearly protected them, and that their exiles had not wasted away, but thrived. And though that was the part Gaveth most agreed with, she felt the weight too, of how few dragons were left, and how desperate their situation was. The responsibility of being a Weyrleader, she supposed, having to consider all of her charges. She was also, to be fair, well aware that more than a few new color riders, their Weyrsenior Second included, who had only worsened the situation. It was all she could do not to drag all of them in a room and lock them with the whers until they sorted themselves out.
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: The Inaugural Weyr Council   The Inaugural Weyr Council EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 2:11 pm

Casriel's face was the perfect example of cool professionalism. To her credit, she didn't even flinch when Jah'vi was named Weyrsecond.

'When I am Weyrleader, I will have the power and right to replace him. Let him remain a Wingleader. I'll enstall D'kan as my Weyrsecond and that will be that.' Casriel thought.

One day, sooner rather than later, she would have her chance.

The Weyrling Master nodded to Br'son, her green eyes on his.

Ashrah was pleased to hear she would remain in her copassity; she had thought she was a good Weyrling Master but had little idea of what other people thought. She had kicked herself for not watching Aliseth closer and for not being ready when it was time for her to rise. She thought she would have had more time to consider her maiden flight but with how fast the Shadows had grown, it took her by surprise.

'No more of that.' Ashrah told herself. 'I have seen what Shadows and Smokes are able to do in half the time. I will be prepared when Aliseth's clutch hatches.'

T'kal smiled broadly to hear that his good, bronzeriding friend would be elavated to Weyrsecond in addition to being Wingleader. Jah'vi was the most senior bronzerider now but T'kal was pleased for more than just his benefit. By extending the powerful rank to one of the Old Guard, the Weyrsinger could see how Br'son and Sidran were trying to overturn the tide of bad feelings between the Old and New Guards.

Tahlana slid in just as Sidran's words ended and flushed pink in the face. Her top mismatched her hastily donned second skirt, which was backwards to boot.
Back to top Go down
echonymph

echonymph

PostSubject: Re: The Inaugural Weyr Council   The Inaugural Weyr Council EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 10:11 am

Since she and Ashrah had been conversing when they entered the room, it seemed the right thing to do, to take a place near to the Weyrling Master. As the announcements began, she remained attentive but quiet. There wasn't much to say. Of course they would make Jah'vi a Wingleader in the hopes of calming some of the tension but as far as those like her father were concerned, Jah'vi was a sympathizer and not a true Easterner. So she rather doubted it would have the affect they might want it to. Then again, she could be wrong.

Her opinion wouldn't have mattered anyway. There weren't many Eastern riders left and the few on Bronzes seemed too young for that kind of leadership anyway. It was the cobalt riders that would be the most unhappy. Any Bronze as a Wingleader was better than none.

---

Rhaenthwor slowed his pace when he heard Kane coming up behind him. The pair might not have had much to say, partly because they were half asleep and partly because Rhaenthwor was a man of few words at any given time.

Arriving he stayed nearby the door. He didn't like that there were so many people in that room for a meeting. No matter that it was a decent sized space for such a gathering. Catching Tahlana's eyes when she walked in, he nodded in greeting.

Most of what was being talked about, was barely worth mentioning to the Wher Handlers. Why were they here exactly? He thought, his strong arms crossed over the broad, muscular chest. While Rhaenthwor understood the importance of knowing who was in charge of what, it hardly required his presence. Especially as the talk moved on to the appointment of a Bronzerider from Eastern as a Weyrsecond. They had to do something to quell the anger from the Easter riders, considering Aliseth's denial of them.

If one asked him, he'd say the dragonrder's little color feud was pointless and bordering on childish. There were more important things to worry about. Like Thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Inaugural Weyr Council   The Inaugural Weyr Council Empty

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural Weyr Council
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next