White Lightning Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10th PASS AU PERN RPG

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SylverAngel

Marks : 303

Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia] Empty
PostSubject: Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia]   Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia] EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 11:12 pm

"So you've seen them up close?  Are they really as big as they say?"  Though she'd heard the answer a couple of times already, from different sources, Revel didn't mind asking again.  Each customer she'd spoken to about the dragons that had recently arrived in the canyon had a different version of the story to tell, and she rather enjoyed hearing the embellishments they added.

"Wait, hold that thought," she told the middle-aged man, holding up a finger and smiling to indicate she wasn't leaving for very long.

She'd seen another customer lift a hand to call her over to their end of the bar, and headed that direction before the man could protest.

A few moments later, she was back, having passed out fresh mugs of ale and cider.  Wiping her hands on a convenient towel, she then settled her folded elbows on the bar top and smiled at the man she'd previously been conversing with.  "So, you were saying?"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Kane was grateful for the chance to sit as he waited for Dividia.  The aid he'd been giving the dragonriders earlier in the day had left his hip stiff and sore, and he'd honestly have much preferred finding his bed to being here at the moment.  But he'd agreed to meet Avidian's daughter here to discuss finding potential Candidates for the dragon queen's eggs, as well as another mission the Stillmaster was sending him on.

How he and Dividia were supposed to find young people that might attract a dragon wasn't entirely clear, considering they had no dragons to rely on, themselves.  Dividia was closer, clearly, with Divisk, but he had no beast of any sort to rely on.  Still, orders were orders, and he'd do what needed to be done, even if it required kidnapping some unsuspecting young one simply out for a good time.

For now, though, he'd wait for Dividia and enjoy his ale-- and keep an eye out for anyone that might seem promising.
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

Marks : 885

PostSubject: Re: Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia]   Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia] EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 11:25 pm

Dividia strode into the tavern with a quick wave or smile for those she knew, but her eyes seemingly focused on a most familiar figure (her peripheral vision swept the room as always, but it very much looked as though she had eyes only for Kane).

She let the edges of her fingers brush his neck and side of the face - a quick, light gesture, but as intimate as though she'd kissed him right there. A solid signal of what else she'd like to do with their evening, if he was as interested in their on-again-off-again being on as well.

"How's it look?" she asked, sliding into the seat across from him and gesturing for a drink without needing to make eye contact with any of the servers. Frequent clientele got some privileges, and certain customers even more than that.
Back to top Go down
SylverAngel

PostSubject: Re: Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia]   Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia] EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 12:32 am

The corner of Kane's mouth curled upwards slightly in response to the unspoken question.  A bed could certainly be used for other purposes than sleeping with the right company, and he rarely found Dividia to be the wrong sort.

Shifting his legs beneath the table to leave more room for hers, he shook his head faintly and replied, "It would help if I had a better idea of what we're looking for, besides the age range.  Divisk have any ideas?"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Still chuckling at the customer's wide gestures as she turned to refill his mug, Revel gave the room her usual quick visual sweep.  No one would ever call her inattentive, despite the amount of time she spent chatting with the customers.  There were other servers around, after all, who had their own favorites, and each of them knew when it was time to pull their weight, and when it was permissible to allow someone else to pick up the slack.

Dividia's call for a drink was received loud and clear, and the barmaid was happy to oblige, seeing as she was the closest one to the bar at the moment.  She filled a mug with what she knew was the older woman's favorite (Kane didn't yet appear to need a second), and excused herself to the customer sitting nearby once again.

Delivering the mug was the enjoyable part of her job, since it meant she was able to talk her customers, and potentially find out what they'd been up to since she'd last seen them.  "Your drink, as requested, ma'am," she told Dividia with a wide smile for both her and Kane.  "I hope this evening's treating you well?"
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia]   Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia] EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 10:48 am

Dividia grinned briefly. "You really think I'd Divisk what he thought of other people? That would just be inviting him to come in here and rip everyone apart for fun."

At Revel's appearance her smile shifted (though that hint of a predatory edge wasn't going anywhere), and she took the drink with a considering look. "Evening's just started," she said, rather playfully, all things considered. "What's the news?" Revel wasn't a regular informer, of course, and more circumspect than the usual server, but then Dividia wasn't asking for deep secrets, just a general observation on what was going on in the tavern that night.
Back to top Go down
SylverAngel

PostSubject: Re: Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia]   Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia] EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 1:28 pm

Kane raised an eyebrow, his lips curving upward even further in a knowing smirk.  "And you're telling me you wouldn't enjoy it if he did?"  Not that she would do it-- tempting as it might be if the right clientele was present.  Then again, it might not be the greatest idea to give in to the whims of a beast who walked the edge as it was, no matter how deserving the potential victims.

Lifting his mug as Revel set Dividia's down on the table, he nodded in greeting to the barmaid and took a sip while he waited for her answer.

"Mostly the usual," Revel shrugged in response.  "Though there's plenty of talk about the dragons being here.  I've had at least three people tell me they saw someone get eaten.  Any truth to that?"  She doubted it, but it didn't hurt to humor her customers, especially when they were purchasing drinks as they told her their tall tales.

"Some of them seem to think it's bad luck to have them around, that they'll just ruin business.  Others can see all sorts of potential in having the dragons help, though they're not sure where food for them is going to come from."  They were broad enough statements-- she wasn't giving away anyone's secrets.
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia]   Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia] EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 10:08 pm

"Food is on the hapless out at night, isn't that obvious?" Dividia grinned her most promising grin. "How do you think I've kept Divisk in such fighting shape all these years?"

She glanced at Kane, quirking her eyebrows. While she couldn't imagine many of the other folks in this room being appealing to a dragon, maybe the cheery server...?
Back to top Go down
SylverAngel

PostSubject: Re: Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia]   Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia] EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 11:25 pm

Shaking her head in mock sadness, Revel lamented, "I suppose it's a sacrifice the tavern will have to make, losing all its loyal customers."  Brightening, she added, "Or it could just mean the smart ones will stay here and drink more, so they won't be eaten.  I see how your plan works-- it's beneficial for both sides," she added, waggling her finger at Dividia.  

Kane raised an eyebrow in return, as if asking if Dividia was suggesting what he thought she was.  Taking another sip of his ale, he rested the mug on the table and cleared his throat.  "Have you been to see them yet?  The dragons?"

The barmaid shook her head.  "No, I haven't had the chance.  Things have been busy around here, what with everyone else wanting to make sure they're close enough to get a look, and all the renovations that were done to accommodate them making for lots of hungry people coming here for their breaks."

"You should head over when you have time.  Some of those changes were made to accommodate the queen's eggs."

"Oh, yes, I thought someone mentioned hauling in sand for them, but no one's really told me about them in any detail.  What are they like?"
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia]   Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia] EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 8:11 am

Dividia smiled again, slow this time. "You don't want our impressions of the eggs, then you'll be giving your customers third hand information. You want to come and see them yourselves. hen you'll be the talk of the tavern. Why not come back with us tonight?" It wasn't, though it could have been, flirty, just a genuine invitation. She thought this young woman had the curiosity and insight to see the value of the opportunity.

And then, of course, that gave them time to use the eggs, and the situation, to convince her to stay.
Back to top Go down
SylverAngel

PostSubject: Re: Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia]   Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia] EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 11:06 pm

Kane's mouth quirked up in a smirk at Dividia's words-- an expression Revel didn't see, as she was looking down at the table as she considered the other woman's invitation.

Dividia did have a point-- a first-hand account of seeing the eggs would make for much better stories about them, and she could potentially help add the eggs to the books if anyone was interested in betting on what would hatch out of each one.  Given that the smugglers and other usual patrons of the tavern did like to gamble whenever possible, she was guessing they'd be all over such a chance.

"That does sound like a better plan than relying on someone else to bring me the information.  Although I'm sure you two could give pretty accurate descriptions."  She could always just ask them to bring her detailed drawings or some written descriptions… but then again, how often did a person get invited to personally go see dragon eggs in the canyon?  She'd certainly never seen them, and the chance was all too enticing.

"If you're sure I wouldn't be in the way, and that no one would mind if I came along?"
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia]   Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia] EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 8:21 am

"If I'm inviting you, who would complain?" Dividia asked it carelessly, all easy confidence. She shot the very briefest of looks at Kane - a quick grin, rather promising - and then looked back to the girl. Secret was out on the canyon now, but who really thought they could get in and out without the dragons - or Divisk - taking them down?

"We can even wait for your shift. I'm sure we can keep ourselves busy."
Back to top Go down
SylverAngel

PostSubject: Re: Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia]   Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia] EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 9:17 pm

Well this was certainly turning out to be a little easier than he'd expected it to be.  Although Kane wondered how many so-called 'Candidates' they were supposed to be bringing back on this trip.  If one was enough for the night, he and Dividia had plenty of free time to indulge in discussions and… other things.

When Revel looked his way as if to confirm the words of the woman sitting across the table from him, Kane gave a little gesture of agreement to indicate she was free to head off and take care of her other customers.

"Well, great, then."  Revel's smile was wide, genuine in appreciation for the offer, and excitement for the evening to come.  "If you're sure you don't mind waiting…  The next round'll be on me, as a thank you."  Of course, they could always just be blowing smoke about taking her with them to see the dragons, but she was certainly willing to take that risk.

"Let me know if there's anything else you'll be needing.  I'll keep an eye out for empty mugs to make sure they stay full when they're wanted."
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia]   Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia] EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 9:35 pm

Dividia smiled in reply, and tilted her drink back to the girl in thanks. Now that was a good night's business, with plenty of time left ahead. Good thing she had ideas on what to do to fill the time.

(end?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia]   Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia] Empty

Back to top Go down

Finding Potential [Revel/ Kane/ Dividia]
Page 1 of 1