White Lightning Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10th PASS AU PERN RPG

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vivid

Vivid

Marks : 713

Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any) Empty
PostSubject: Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any)   Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 11:23 am

Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any) Asteri12

Asteriel sat down with her stew and bread, almost too exhausted to lament the fact that there was no meat in the stew. Or butter for the bread and in generally, a stark difference between what Eastern had and what White Lightning Weyr. She had seen herdbeasts but it seems they were being saved for the upcoming weyrlings dragons. Asteriel tore her bread in two slowly, dipping the smaller piece in the stew. It was good if plain but hunger was an excellent spice for any food. She ate in silence, consumed by her thoughts. She blushed faintly again when she thought of how Casriel had smirked at her about Eastern's Weyrsinger.

'It broke T'kals heart to tell him I was leaving. I know he was hoping I would Impress a green, graduate and become his Weyrmate. T'kals so handsome and so well spoken. A good man but...I just cannot give myself like that to someone I am not in love with. He has my entire life planned out for me. Casriel's right, influence is important. The only way to make my ideas heard is to Impress well and Weyrmate well.' she thought, chewing slowly.

Last edited by Vivid on Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

Marks : 885

PostSubject: Re: Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any)   Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 7:56 pm

Evzen would prefer to be in the near-silence of the quarters they'd been assigned during meal time. When everyone else was out, he could pretend this wasn't actually his life.

But hunger was hunger, and since the egg touching he had a new goal. Impress, and then get the hell out of there. It could happen.

So it was just happenstance that he passed Asteriel in the mess, and his steps slowed. "Food any good tonight?" he asked, voice still rather gruff.

Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any)   Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 8:05 pm

Asteriel looked up from her bowl at the sound of the familiar voice and seeing Evzen, broke out in a smile. She patted the surface of the table across from her, a clear invitation to join. She glanced back down at the soup and chuckled, looking up at him through her lashes.

"Its warm and someone cares enough to put salt in it." she said and dipped her bread again.

"Please, join me. " she encouraged, her voice going soft. "I saw you touch the egg with the black and tan markings. What was it like?"
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any)   Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any) EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 10:00 pm

"It was..." He still didn't have words, for the situation of having an egg, of all things, so clearly echo everything going on in his own head. That might not be a dragon with any intention of choosing him, but the fact that he knew now...

"It changed things." Not everything, he thought, that anger still readily accessible and piled up inside him, but certainly some things. "What did you think of the eggs? Same as they were at Eastern?"
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any)   Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any) EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 10:29 pm

Now Asteriel had seen many eggs in her time at Eastern. Having stood since she was fourteen, she had seen so very many. Eggs that glowed like rubies, orange as fire and dazzling yellow gold. Jade green and ocean blue swirled with royal purple. Pure white and solid black, brown marbled with silver. A pink flecked grey with a teal band around its center. Yet, for all the colors she had seen, none had ever made her feel like the egg both grey and gold had that day.

"I have seen many pretty eggs but none ever made me feel like that one day. I put my hand to that grey and gold shell and it was like a tide fell over me. Rage, joy, love, and even hate. Whatever dragon is in that shell is a strong one. He or she will need a strong rider." Asteriel said.

Last edited by Vivid on Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any)   Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 12:03 pm

Another one with anger. It registered, somewhere in his brain, that the dragonriders here were truly dealing with quite a bit of betrayal, for it to be reflected in the eggs. It still didn't excuse what had happened, certainly not. Still.

He half-smiled, the first time such an expression had touched his face since his arrival at this forsaken canyon. "Seems like they'll all be something to see. Do you think they'll hatch soon?" While Evzen was sure they'd been told the timing of it all, he had admittedly been paying zero attention to anything they'd been told so far, dug into his own anger as he had been.
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any)   Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 12:52 pm

'He is handsome when he smiles.' Asteriel thought to herself, almost shyly. She knew her mind needed to be on lessons and eggs, not on boys. Especially so soon after parting ways with T'kal, though they had never had much together. He had fawned and worshiped her from afar but Asteriel knew that he had never denied himself pleasure elsewhere. For all that he was craftborn, he had adapted well to Weyr life.

"Soon, if we are touching them. They have to be fully hard for us to be allowed that pleasure. I think we still might have fourteen or more days to go. It is hard to tell. " Asteriel told him softly.
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any)   Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 2:07 pm

He had no business admiring the line of her neck as she spoke, and looked away briefly. "A few more sevendays. I'm sure they'll keep us busy, make the time feel like it's going by fast."

Rather surprisingly, there was no rancor in his voice. Best if they did keep busy; it would keep him distracted (from thoughts of home, and Yalsine, and lovely blondes with big, compellingly sweet eyes).
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any)   Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 2:33 pm

"We will have much to do. Lessons on dragon colors and their temperments, physical training to harden our bodies, lessons for the teaching ballads and sewing our own candidate robes." Asteriel said, ticking off the tasks on her slim fingers. There would be much more than that but she did not want to intimidate or bore him.

"What due you to the black and tan egg? Anything in particular or did you just head toward the nearest one?" she asked politely.
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any)   Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 2:38 pm

"It suited my mood," Evzen replied, rather evenly, all things considered. "Learning about dragon temperaments? So are all the dragons of one color the same, or similar at least? And do you have a favorite?"

He needed to know, didn't he, if this was going to work. (Also, her voice was more than a little appealing, though he wasn't admitting that to anyone, never mind himself.)
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any)   Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any) EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 2:12 pm

"A favorite? No, I don't think so. There are all so different that you cannot help admiring them all. Quartz, greens and blues are all swift dragons, graceful in the air and lovely to watch fly. They carry less weight, so the stunts they can do are amazing. Quartz are all different, each is special in a way. Greens are quick than thought, the fastest of the original fights. Blue are bigger and might be the hardest working color. They are called the work horses of the dragon kindred. Scarlets, Browns, Cobalts and Bronzes are the big warriors. Cobalts and bronzes are large enough to last an entire Fall. Titaniums and Golds are Queens and ever young girl who Stands wonders if she has what it takes to Impress a queen dragon. " Asteriel said and then blushed to realize she had gone on at some length.
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any)   Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any) EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 2:55 pm

Without thinking, he reached out and touched her hand. No reason for her to be embarrassed for telling him exactly what he wanted to know (it didn't occur to him it might be that she hoped to Impress a queen, but then he wasn't at his best in terms of insight). "You could be that scarlet rider's assistant. Just learned more from you than I have since I've been here." Another smile, though just as brief.
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any)   Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any) EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 4:31 pm

Asteriel looked down at the warmth of his hand upon her own and she smiled, a smile of complete and utter pleasure. It was so nice to not feel alone; Casriel did not have a lot of leisure time to spend her with. She understood and she knew that when the time was right, Cas would come and talk to her.

"I would need a lot more experience and knowledge before I could be a Weyrling Master's assistant but thank you for the compliment. It means a lot to me." she said, reaching out to cover his hand atop hers with her own.
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any)   Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any) EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 5:10 pm

He shrugged, but didn't take his hand back. That smile of hers was something else. "I don't know. I'd rather learn from you." Evzen hadn't meant to say it so softly, where it sounded like something else, so he cleared his throat quickly. "Thanks for taking the time though - it'll help me know what's coming, I guess."
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any)   Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 9:49 pm

"Thank you." Asteriel said. She liked this boy much more than she dared admit. Could she allow herself the momentary indulgence of a sweet fantasy. Could she allowed herself to consider if he would be good Weyrmate someday.

'Maybe even mine. He had a proper idea of marriage, right?' she thought to herself.

"I..am glad you are here. To think I may have never met you otherwise.." she said so softly, barely daring to breath.
Back to top Go down
weyrwolf

PostSubject: Re: Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any)   Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 10:02 pm

The conflicting urges to rage and to smile did battle in his head (rather more brief a battle than it might have been, even a few days ago, but all the same), and though he didn't smile, he did speak honestly, "I'm glad I've met you." He met those dangerously blue eyes of hers, and felt how true his words had been. It was not a situation he ever would have chosen, but talking with her certainly made it more (than) tolerable.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any)   Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any) Empty

Back to top Go down

Food for thought (Asteriel/Attn: Any)
Page 1 of 1