White Lightning Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10th PASS AU PERN RPG

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The family you choose (Casriel/D'kan)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vivid

Vivid

Marks : 713

The family you choose (Casriel/D'kan) Empty
PostSubject: The family you choose (Casriel/D'kan)   The family you choose (Casriel/D'kan) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 4:41 pm

The family you choose (Casriel/D'kan) Casriel00_zpsagvmpavw

It was dawn on the second day and hunger had finally driven Maraxith from the ledge he had chosen. He flew down to the open flats and took down a wild wherry in his swoop. He was grooming the blood from his dark muzzle when a pang of loneliness from his rider made him raise his head from his ruddy claws.

Galvanth. My rider needs yours. Come to the hatching grounds, if you will.

Casriel sat on a boulder, forty yards from her dragon's side. The wind swept across the open plain, making her blond hair wave like a banner. Her clear eyes were blank, lost as she stared across the unfamiliar landscape. The pain in her heart ached and she hugged herself with her slender, muscular arms.

Back to top Go down
Sixth Gun
Admin

Marks : 70

PostSubject: Re: The family you choose (Casriel/D'kan)   The family you choose (Casriel/D'kan) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:00 pm

The family you choose (Casriel/D'kan) Scai%20banner2_zpss84rjiak

When Maraxith had informed Galvanth of his rider's condition, the young man awoke from his nap right away. Taking the afternoon to rest a bit, disregarding what tasks he could have preoccupied himself with at that moment, he had little concern over whether or not anyone approved of his nap time, and it would have been hard to make him budge from his place on a low knoll under a tree. 

Ah well, it hadn't been the most comfortable spot anyway. So, when Galvanth told him that their (sister) wasn't feeling well, he was up and on the dragon's back in seconds, taking off to join her. It didn't take but a few moments longer to arrive at the hatching ground where Scai took no time at all in finding the other cobalt rider. As soon as Galvanth landed, he was sliding from the dragon's neck, making his way to her.

The world knew that D'kan (Scai, as he was known to those closest to him), wasn't a man full of the most inspiring or encouraging words, but it should have been at a time like this that he could come up with something. Anything. It was disheartening though, given their circumstances and seeing Casriel in pain, to the point that all he could do was admit the entire situation just sucked. Truth be told, he felt as though there was nothing to be said for it. No sugar coated words could make things look any brighter. There was no real positive side to all of this as far as he could see. 

Even more depressing, was the fact that this had happened to him before. He was used to being tossed around by those in authority, being viewed with little hope; and so the case was at present. It didn't really surprise him. 

If Scai couldn't come up with the kind of positive lines that most people might recite at a time like this however, he could still be there for the one person in his life at that point that he truly cared for. Sometimes just a warming presence was enough to bring comfort.

Climbing upon the boulder's face where Casriel sat, Scai didn't try to hide the fact that he was coming up behind her to keep her company. Of course, he couldn't see the vacant expression on her feature just then, but given the seemingly urgent nature of being called here by Maraxith, he didn't have to see her face to know that something was wrong. Scai also knew her well enough to tell her moods by her posture. At least he figured he could be pretty accurate much of the time. 

If nothing else, he was attentive of those he let into his heart.

"You been out here all day?"

Not the best conversation starter, but it worked. Anyway, he sidled up beside her with one leg drawn up similarly as she held her own, though he let his posture open to her a bit. Scai's eyes held the concern that he felt as he could finally look upon her face, reading the expression there more closely.

With one arm draped loosely around the upraised knee, the young man went on to add, "At least it appears as though I'm not the only one putting off chores around here. I won't feel so bad about that now."

It was just his way of teasing her, trying to work her into a smile, but it wasn't as though he was filled with abundant guilt, anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://whitelightningweyr.forumotion.com
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: The family you choose (Casriel/D'kan)   The family you choose (Casriel/D'kan) EmptySat May 16, 2015 7:30 pm

Just feeling his body heat from a couple of inches away seemed to push the low, cold and sinking feeling back a pace. She turned to offer a smile but it still came out more like a grimace.

"All night and into the morning." she affirmed and nodded her head. Her stomach ached but food was the last thing she wanted. Watching Maraxith tear into his wherry, the blood pouring over the ground, had served to cool her ire somewhat. It could not, however, balm her pain.

"Scai." she started and her voice broke.

'I won't cry...I won't cry...I won't damn it. Damn it all! No! No! I said NO!' she railed at herself in vain even as her blue-green eyes watered.

"Damn them all." her voice was a creaking, pain filled sob. It was as if the grief tore itself bodily from her throat, leaving the path out sore.

"It's not fair!" she hissed, low and angry in her voice.
Back to top Go down
Sixth Gun
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The family you choose (Casriel/D'kan)   The family you choose (Casriel/D'kan) EmptyMon May 18, 2015 8:06 pm

Wishing that he could have been a little more socially apt, Scai wasn't sure whether or not to put an arm around his friend or whether or not he should just continue to let his presence be enough. Though, just sitting and watching her cry also felt a little awkward. 

Thinking then of what he might do if she were truly his sister by blood, instead of a friend, albeit a close one, Scai let instinct determine his next actions. 

Casriel had been here on her perch for quite some time. He silently wished that Maraxith would have told him earlier just what kind of state of mind she was in. If he'd known she was feeling so down, he would have come earlier. But, that had not been the case and... now she was breaking down in tears. 

Instinct told Scai that Casriel needed a shoulder to cry on, and a physical warmth to give her comfort, so after calling her name under his breath, the Cobalt Rider brought a hand up to tap at his shoulder. 

"Cass. You can do that, here." Indicating that she could lean on him and cry at his shoulder if she needed to. He might even prefer it if she did. He didn't want her to bottle everything up inside, and she needed to know it was okay to come to him when she was looking for that human support that they both needed from time to time.

After a moment, Scai consoled her with a tone that was gentle. Usually the young man was known for his abrasive attitudes toward others, and his way of pushing others away, so moments like these must have been unique and precious given the fact that some very different part of himself was allowed to shine through. A side of himself that he didn't feel the need to hide from Casriel. 

"They're all just arrogant. They are cruel because of their weakness and their weakness is fear of uncertainty. Our existence causes them to question everything they are familiar with; can we blame them for feeling that way toward us, then? Perhaps we should not. But, it doesn't change the fact that they are wrong. 

"Those people think that just because they hold us at a distance their uncertainties will disappear. They believe that the status quo offers security.. longevity... But that is just an illusion that complacency creates in their minds. Yet, they would rather face normalcy of the old day to day without having anyone disturb them, so that they don't have to compare what was once their happy reality to an unknown future. Even though what that future holds might make them better off."

The Cobalt Rider sighed, continuing to answer her with rambling thoughts of his own, "I think a kinder person might pity them for that." Indicating that he himself was not so generous in light of their decision to outcast the group.

"Whatever happens here, though, Cass... Don't let them make you believe that you're alone just because you are here. Sure we all left things behind, but we have to make new and better memories now. We can do that, y'know. That way they can't control us. We just have to take one step at a time in the direction that we want to take for ourselves. And one step at a time creates a whole new path, before we know it."

Pausing again, Sai looked down at where she was, beside him, "And Cass... if you're ever afraid, or need someone to walk beside you, just take my hand. You can always take my hand."

Unsure of where the flood of thoughts came from suddenly, Scai was glad for them. He hoped that Casriel, could accept the gesture, because whatever happened, he would always be there for her, even if she didn't ask him to be.
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: The family you choose (Casriel/D'kan)   The family you choose (Casriel/D'kan) EmptySat May 30, 2015 9:04 am

Casriel gave the area of them a look around, scanning for interlopers before laying her smooth cheek on D'kans shoulder. The tears courses down her face in soft sobs, all the rage from the abandonment and loss from Garrah's death pouring out of her in gently shivers.

"You are my best man." Casriel said when she was done, wiping her face. Oh all the folk left, Scai was her one true soldier and friend. She smoothed her hair from her face and from across the way, Maraxith rumbled low in his chest. Casriel could feel his support welling from the corners of her scrapped and battered heart.

"When I become Wingleader...I want you as my Second." Casriel said softly and then shot Scai a bright smile.

"That is if you aren't leading your own Wing, brother."

Last edited by Vivid on Sun May 31, 2015 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sixth Gun
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The family you choose (Casriel/D'kan)   The family you choose (Casriel/D'kan) EmptySun May 31, 2015 12:14 am

Scai was wishing he was a hugger just then. If he had been, he felt as though he might be able to console Cas just a bit more. But, apparently she was moved by the gestures he'd been able to offer, so that was enough. Just seeing her smile up at him once the tears were done falling made his own heart feel lighter.

Reaching up to her with one hand, Scai let the gentle brush of his thumb smooth the last of her tears away. The hand withdrew a bit abruptly though at her mention of having his own wing. The mere mention was enough to turn his attitude sour with mocking disbelief. He tried to keep that to himself, though.

"I really don't think that'll ever happen." And to be honest, he didn't know how bad he'd ever want something like that to happen. If it meant protecting a few others like himself in the world, who felt rejected by others in authority, well that was one thing. He didn't completely lack a sense of leadership, nor the kind of charisma that could draw people to him -it was just, he seemed to draw the 'wrong kind of people' to him. On purpose. He chose only to associate with deviants like himself. But here, in a place like White Lightning, maybe that wasn't going to be such a bad thing. 

Then again, he had some serious doubts. It was ever his belief that where there was authority, the idiots in authority only expected for others to conform to their own ideals. As soon as someone didn't, the cycle of rejection would start all over again -for him, and for others who stood out. 

Insidious thoughts aside, Scai could smile again, now that Casriel was feeling better. 

"I'd be happy being your Second." In fact, "I'd really like that."

He wasn't sure he wanted to handle all that came with being a Winglead anyway. For him, acting the part that was more hands-on and in the grit of things seemed more suitable.
Back to top Go down
Vivid

Vivid

PostSubject: Re: The family you choose (Casriel/D'kan)   The family you choose (Casriel/D'kan) EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 10:10 am

Casriel couldn't repress a smile when he touched her face. Out of all the riders of the New Guard, Scai was her true friend and family. They were two strong, capable Cobalt riders; they could build themselves up in this new Weyr and Eastern would rue the day they had ever cast out the next generation.

"I am glad to hear that. There is no one else I would rather have at my side in battle. I will speak to Br'son directly on you recommendation. " Casriel said. She looked to the two cobalt dragons.

"What do you say we take these fine males up for a circuit around the Weyr. Galvanth is looking prime these days and Maraxith needs to race someone. All the more practice will make it easier for him to beat Gaveth when Yllaveth rises again."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The family you choose (Casriel/D'kan)   The family you choose (Casriel/D'kan) Empty

Back to top Go down

The family you choose (Casriel/D'kan)
Page 1 of 1